Second Skin Audio

How do you spend your money?

If you wanted loud and deep how would YOU personally spend your money?

All other things equal (electrical, vehicle, etc) w no upgrade later or space constraints and using:

-Same size drivers
-Same combined power handling
-Same total cost

Which would you prefer?

(A) 2 higher tier subs with alot more power handling and excursion

Or...

(B) 4 Medium priced subs (w good enough power handling and excursion) in the name of more cone area

*Not an advice thread, more of a what do YOU like thread :)

7 minutes ago, ckeeler11 said:

If power handling is the same then all that is changing is cone area. So 4 would be louder. 

Port and box dimensions for lower power subs, excursion n some of the "inherent parameters" (however vague that is lol) of a higher end sub count as well.

I’ve always wanted 2 DD 9918’s , so I guess 2 subs but wouldn’t bitch if I had 4 Sundown U series instead.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

32 minutes ago, MyNameIsNoob said:

Port and box dimensions for lower power subs, excursion n some of the "inherent parameters" (however vague that is lol) of a higher end sub count as well.

On same power you will not get to use the excursion advantage of better subs.

Just now, DiBo said:

Four U series subs would be loud. 9918's are sexy AF tho!! 

I’ve always had a love for DD but ended up buying Sundown so it’s been a what if for me.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Now that I’ve had a drink and got to relax wouldn’t be mad with 2 Deaf Bonce Apocalypse 18’s 

27 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Now that I’ve had a drink and got to relax wouldn’t be mad with 2 Deaf Bonce Apocalypse 18’s 

Haha... I just suggested 2- sa318s to a buddy today. 5.6ft³ optimal and they get down. Navi going b pillar but 15's most likely. Haha

Archived