Second Skin Audio

Fi Sp4 + on AAK 4k Daily Box Design Help

1 hour ago, Joshdashef said:

Glad I didn’t order up the 4000 already lol. Getting that 5500 and the sp4. I modeled winisd with the sp4+ but should I get the sp4 instead? The + adds another stacked magnet and something called an aluminum compression plug.

I'll text Dan at Fi and ask what's the main difference for application purposes. 

40 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

Oh sweet sp4+ it is! 5500 with either jy or limitless 45 ah 

Good choice. 4cu with 55-65sqin for fine. personally I would tune about 28-30hz. As far as spider options, Id go with the default it comes with. As far as battery, I say wait for the new JY 25ah. I believe they are announcing pricing this week.

2 minutes ago, Smoove said:

Good choice. 4cu with 55-65sqin for fine. personally I would tune about 28-30hz. As far as spider options, Id go with the default it comes with. As far as battery, I say wait for the new JY 25ah. I believe they are announcing pricing this week.

I had no clue JY was coming out with a 25 ah cool! I'll hold off till I get the Sub - month or so - before I buy anything else. Who knows what deals might come up for gear.

Why tune higher? 

That feeling when you drop more on a single sub than your mids and highs and their amp... 😂👍

Honestly expected shipping to be 100+ not that bad going from Las Vegas to Florida

fi.thumb.png.f740ab48c6be900e3c8ece85b37d2f28.png

I'm saying tune lower than what your original post says 28-30hz. with a 28hz tune you would have the SSF at like 22hz.

With 4 cubic feet / tuned to 32 Hz:

I can see that I should have a supersonic filter at about 28 hz / where the power handling goes from 3500 rms down quickly when dipping below 28 hz

2 minutes ago, Smoove said:

I'm saying tune lower than what your original post says 28-30hz. with a 28hz tune you would have the SSF at like 22hz.

With 4 cubic feet / tuned to 32 Hz:

I can see that I should have a supersonic filter at about 28 hz / where the power handling goes from 3500 rms down quickly when dipping below 28 hz

Sorry misread that! 

I'll look at it in WinISD with a tune of 28. SSF at 22 won't damage it will it?

Archived