Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently got a Kicker speaker and amp to go in my 06 Tahoe and I'm needing some help on the installation and setup of it.  The speaker is a Kicker 43C104 in a vented Kicker truck box.  The amp is a Kicker 43CXA12001.  With the wattage of the amp being much more than what the speaker can handle how does it need set?  I don't have any experience in setting the adjustments on the amp but I can run the wire and install everything no problem.  I plan on running 0 gauge from the battery back to a distribution block I'm going to mount under the backseats, with the amp, for future additions.  I have a Kenwood DDX373BT installed it's going to be hooked up to which has some decent sound adjustments.  I have Kenwood KFC-1694PS door speakers installed I plan on getting an amp for soon as well.  I haven't done the Big 3 yet but plan on it soon.  My Tahoe has the factory 160 amp Alternator so it's got some good output.  Any help with sub and amp installation and setup would be very appreciated.

3d7304fe.jpg
Posted

You can use a dmm to measure your output voltage. There are some charts that tell you what your voltage should be for the power you are looking for at the load you are using. Sonic electronics has a YouTube video about this too. 

Posted
45 minutes ago, edgil1985 said:

The sub is a svc 4 ohm 10, 150 rms/300 peak. The amp is a kicker 1200.1 but I’ll use it as 600x1 at 4ohms. 

That’s almost 4 times rated power for that sub if it puts out 600 rms at 4 ohms. Probably more like 300 but still double the power. I’d set gain by ear or dd-1 then back off of that a ways till the sub behaves 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1446 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...