Sonic Electronix

Pioneer 80prs adding additional amp

I am new to the car audio world and have a question, with adding an amp. The Pioneer  GM‑D1004 to my set up, to run tweeters Alpine Type R's. Is this possible, I heard I can run tweeters  off deck power but I thought if I have small amp they would sound better and the tweets have thier own crossover, with the ability to  change the db level, on the Alpines crossover. My mids are Morel tempo ultra 502 5.25  Head unit is Pioneer 80prs, running network mode active 2way. Sub is Jl Audio 10tw3. All speakers are running off Jl Audio 700/5v2.

You could run a component set active off a 4 channel amp. I liked how my set sounds off a 4 channel. But you don’t get your money’s worth out of the amp like passive gives you

let me warn you, running 3 way active will take time to set everything up properly. your tweets will require a lot less power than the mids. Your passive crossovers will take care of all that for you. So if you are willing to put in the time to tune everything for the rest of your life. acive is prety great.

Well I currently running active 2way I want to put tweeters (Alpine Type R's) on seperate power source.  ( Pioneer's GM-D1004 small ft. print amplifier) .Then run a pair of Morel ccwr254 2inch wide band mids, on high rca's. Then mid bass, Morel 502 tempo ultra 5 1/4" on mid rca's. Keeping my Jl audio 700/5v2 to power wideband morels, 502 tempo ultra mid bass, and subwoofer.

I hope I am making sense? Has any one used the Pioneer GM-D1004  amp this way ? Does it seem possible? 

I think it would be better then trying to run tweets off deck power.

Adding drivers will not in most cases “improve your sound” unless you’ve tuned to the point you know your missing frequencies. Just Saying 

maybe new (or should I say better) tweeters can be more of an improvement than adding more drivers. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived