Jump to content

Jimmie's 96 GMC2500 - Epic 1st "BUILD"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Whats up yall! So I just wanted to introduce myself and my next project today.

I'm from Houston, Tx, and have been around cars my entire life. I do custom paint, metal fabrication, fiberglass and am decent at building enclosures. I've had a "system" (in one degree or another) in every car I've owned since I was 16, but never committed to a full on project like this. 

Eventually, there will be nothing untouched on this truck from tires to roof, but since this truck runs and drives like it was new, my primary focus is on the cosmetics.

I will be doing some extensive sheetmetal fabrication/ airbrush work outside and the interior redesigned around my music inside. 

Here are a few pictures of how it sits today, but will upload more when I get the chance. 

Thanks for tuning in!

20190522_16410920190522_16294520190522_213857

 

Posted

Clean GMT400. I’ve owned a few, still got one. Tuned in to see what you do with it.

Welcome to SMD.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted
1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

Clean GMT400. I’ve owned a few, still got one. Tuned in to see what you do with it.

Welcome to SMD.

Thank you sir! 

Is it one of them in your sig, you still have?

Posted
6 hours ago, Epic said:

Thank you sir! 

Is it one of them in your sig, you still have?

Yes Sir ... Two of them. My “White Lightning” 97 and My “Phantom Green Dickle” 94 GMT400s ...

 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Just noticed you have a Extended Cab Shot Bed 3/4 ton truck ... Rare  !!!

Most 3/4 tons are long beds.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted
5 hours ago, BassMunky said:

Sweeeeeet

Thank you, nothin sweeter than a blank canvas.

1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

Yes Sir ... Two of them. My “White Lightning” 97 and My “Phantom Green Dickle” 94 GMT400s ...

 

Nice. I love these trucks, may hafta reference yours to see what they like, to sound best.

Posted
7 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Just noticed you have a Extended Cab Shot Bed 3/4 ton truck ... Rare  !!!

Most 3/4 tons are long beds.

Yea I lucked into this truck, it's actually a "Heavy Half" so I got the best of both imo. Spent its entire life in West Texas and has almost all highway miles when I got it. I Got it from my buddy who had it since new n he always keep up on maintenance. Been a good truck to me

Posted
17 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

That is weird... i was just gonna type "a short bed, exty cab, 3/4 ton?? .. rad !!"

Nice platform...... get to work... enjoy, and have some fun yo..... welcome to the forum. 

 

Cheers.....

KB

Thank you sir! This will probably take longer than my optimism would like, but I'm all about doing it right, once if possible, so I TRY to balance (justify) that with patience lol... 

but... today I started playing w the doors... it has begun :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6566 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...