Anyone had a inner ear drum pushed out and got infected? Mine did. Went doc and said it got infected taking antibiotics anyone know how long took before they had 100 hearing back. Mine right now only feel muffled and sometimes feel like water inside. Noo pain or pressure thank God. Taking meds for 7 days

taking amoxicillin. 

pain gone, but there still muffled and sound of liquid  draining sometimes. There no liquid discharge.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

I blew out an ear drum once , took like 3-4 weeks to heal that ear made everything sound like I had a sea shell against it. Worst part was I couldn’t get it wet. Your not having balance issues?

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

1 hour ago, Ron36 said:

I blew out an ear drum once , took like 3-4 weeks to heal that ear made everything sound like I had a sea shell against it. Worst part was I couldn’t get it wet. Your not having balance issues?

I'm ok my vertigo ok .

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Took a hard hit from a softball , it just hit me perfect. Never even hurt just new something was wrong.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

This stuff can take a while to heal. A lot of the bits of the ear aren't in direct contact with your immune system - hence the infection in the first place. It'll take a couple weeks for the infection to subside, swelling to go down, clear out the mess from the inner ear, and the body to repair what it can.

When you say pushed out - do you mean a tear? Or pressure behind the tympanic membrane? The former takes longer to heal.

I know you're freaking out a bit that your hearing won't return to normal, but when it doubt, contact your physician. Each injury is unique and the doctor can examine your own body to determine exactly what damage is done, as well as give an estimated time to heal + expectations for recovery

Yeah was running to first and the guy missed the ball .

10 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

This stuff can take a while to heal. A lot of the bits of the ear aren't in direct contact with your immune system - hence the infection in the first place. It'll take a couple weeks for the infection to subside, swelling to go down, clear out the mess from the inner ear, and the body to repair what it can.

When you say pushed out - do you mean a tear? Or pressure behind the tympanic membrane? The former takes longer to heal.

I know you're freaking out a bit that your hearing won't return to normal, but when it doubt, contact your physician. Each injury is unique and the doctor can examine your own body to determine exactly what damage is done, as well as give an estimated time to heal + expectations for recovery

Well Sunday was the worst prob pressure behind the membrane. Doc looked and seen the inner eardrum was infected and red . She gave me a week supply of amoxcilin. I was surfing and duck dive and was unbearable ear pressure that when I knew something was wrong. It only the right ear. Now today no pressure or pain just a muffle sound. And when I lie down sounds like little by little drainage but there no liquid coming out of my ear. Everything sounds funny . Sometimes it really loud and echoes. But most time sound muffled.

Archived