Show n Tell... Let's see some Front stage set ups!

Epic

On 6/4/2019 at 9:45 PM, White Lightning said:

Thank you Sir ... A lot of work before MECA World Finals. Can't believe I'm doing this shit again ...

This is the first front stage setup in the ole "White Lightning" Silverado.

Linear Power 6.5" passive component set.

I'm running these EXACT same drivers 2 way Active in my Avalanche  ...

26203464011_large.jpg

26203464010_large.jpg

Ive learned, if its somethin you love, you will always do it again. I'm getting to be more interested in SQ now that I've started on this truck, so I'm starting to see why.

I've been planning ahead as I mod the doors and A pillars, so I can easily switch to a 3way set up when the time comes. I'd like to fit a speaker in the kick like you have, but what did you do with the hood latch?

I relocated the hood latch and basically cut the Emergency Brake pedal.

This is what she looked like when we went from 2 way to 3 way. We ditched the kicks and went back into the doors. MAJOR improvement.

image_url-43297-1379769634.jpg

Damn I miss this truck !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

9 minutes ago, BassMunky said:

What best placement of audio? Mid tweeter and coaxial?

All depends on application.

My 2 way active in the Avalanche is scoring better than the 3 way Active/passive setup that was in the Silverado

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

19 hours ago, White Lightning said:

I relocated the hood latch and basically cut the Emergency Brake pedal.

This is what she looked like when we went from 2 way to 3 way. We ditched the kicks and went back into the doors. MAJOR improvement.

image_url-43297-1379769634.jpg

Damn I miss this truck !!!

Well right now I'm making my door panels to fit a 6.5 in each door, but I plan to add a mid up by the tweeter in the A pillar and then cut the 6.5 hole bigger to swap out my current mid for an 8 to handle the midbass when I do, but i always liked the idea of a midbass in the kick, so who knows... but these are only plans and they may change 20-30 times until i decide to stick with my original plan lol

27 minutes ago, Epic said:

Well right now I'm making my door panels to fit a 6.5 in each door, but I plan to add a mid up by the tweeter in the A pillar and then cut the 6.5 hole bigger to swap out my current mid for an 8 to handle the midbass when I do, but i always liked the idea of a midbass in the kick, so who knows... but these are only plans and they may change 20-30 times until i decide to stick with my original plan lol

You may not need an 8" midbass either.  A lot or people think bigger midbass means better. But thats nkt always the case

20 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

You may not need an 8" midbass either.  A lot or people think bigger midbass means better. But thats nkt always the case

Yea I'm not gonna lie, I'm one of them. This is my first attempt at (dare I say) "SQ", so I'm sure my brain needs a bit of reprogramming to do it right. I see setups with a 2" mid in the pillar, but wonder why not a 3" - 4" if it fits well. I may be looking at it all wrong, but i guess my thinking is if i want to really turn it up, I have that option.

45 minutes ago, Epic said:

Yea I'm not gonna lie, I'm one of them. This is my first attempt at (dare I say) "SQ", so I'm sure my brain needs a bit of reprogramming to do it right. I see setups with a 2" mid in the pillar, but wonder why not a 3" - 4" if it fits well. I may be looking at it all wrong, but i guess my thinking is if i want to really turn it up, I have that option.

Thats dependant on what you want. Lets say you want to do a 2 way active front stage.  The 3.5-4" mids dont play as high as say a 2" wideband.   3 way setup id surely use a midrange over a wideband (in my case i cant fit one) but theres a place for everything

2 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Thats dependant on what you want. Lets say you want to do a 2 way active front stage.  The 3.5-4" mids dont play as high as say a 2" wideband.   3 way setup id surely use a midrange over a wideband (in my case i cant fit one) but theres a place for everything

I want to have the mid and tweeter up above the dash, that I know. I put a hand towel in each corner of the dash with the midrange I'm using now and the prescence, staging was night n day. 

Ive been looking at the specs and power handling of countless speakers, brands and models and (other than frequency response) one of the reasons i keep looking at a 3" - 4" mid vs a 2" is because I've had some trouble finding much over 30 watts that is in my budget.

I dont need to be the loudest guy on the block, but when I hear that one song, I need a dose of loud every so often. 

11 minutes ago, Epic said:

I want to have the mid and tweeter up above the dash, that I know. I put a hand towel in each corner of the dash with the midrange I'm using now and the prescence, staging was night n day. 

Ive been looking at the specs and power handling of countless speakers, brands and models and (other than frequency response) one of the reasons i keep looking at a 3" - 4" mid vs a 2" is because I've had some trouble finding much over 30 watts that is in my budget.

I dont need to be the loudest guy on the block, but when I hear that one song, I need a dose of loud every so often. 

If they are under 3" they are 99% of the time a wideband. Not a midrange

Archived