I have a 97 nissan maxima with afew flaws in my paint nothing major like cutting and replacing metal just need some body filler and paint..My current color is deep evergreen w/ a clear coat I want to get it painted Super Black (KH3) with as much clear coats as i can afford

The clear coat of the paint with give it deepness? like it wet?

Is it possible to add alittle flakes? like just alittle sparkle?

I know its hard to give an estimate over the net but yu think i can get a paint job done for about $1k to 1.5k?

Anyone ever went to macco? earl schieb? or any major painting chains?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

Macco did this car but i hear they usally do crappy work

mission47.png

mission49.png

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Anyone ever went to macco? earl schieb? or any major painting chains?

I've heard it all depends on the prep work that is done before the car is taken to them, if the prep work is good then they can do a good job.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

if you do alot of the sanding/prep work yourself, 1k can get you a pretty fine paint job

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

The prep is what makes or breaks a paint job. when i helped paint in a body shop i hated prep, but i got to see what shitty prep work did for the paint job so it makes you appreciate it that extra time you take to do it right in the end

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

if u want a deep blk go with a single stage paint

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

if u want a deep blk go with a single stage paint

how come only one? i want to get the platinum package through E.S. that inculdes the following:

WARRANTY:

Lifetime Warranty

Covers: Peeling, Cracking, Excessive Loss of Gloss

Chemical Cleaning and Dewaxing

Dual Action Machine Sanding for Adhesion & further Cleaning

Hand Sanded for Adhesion & further Cleaning

Air-blown Dust Removal

Careful Masking/Taping

Tack Cloth Cleaning

Complete Exterior Primer/Sealer

3 Full Exterior Coats of Acrylic Urethane Paint (Single Color)

2 Full Exterior Coats of Premium Quality High Solids Urethane Clear, a True Clear Topcoat

Ultra Violet Sunscreen Gloss Hardener

Pro-Tech Protection Plan

Exterior Cleaning

RETAIL PRICE $769*

This extremely durable 2-stage acrylic urethane service is an economic way to achieve a Base Coat/Clear Coat finish with superior gloss and resistance to environmental conditions. If color sanding & buffing is desired, this would be the service for you.

If you will be purchasing an optional color sand & buff package, it is recommended that you start with the Platinum Supreme Service.

hopefully my car only haveabout 700-800 body work needed..I only have dents from rocks and suck and 1 quarter size dent and one light dent from someone opening there car door..pretty sure everthing can bfilled with body filler if thats the cheapest method or pouleed out..Im think 3 layers of the KH3(nissan super black) with 2 layers of clear coat it will be VERY shinel and glossy...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

Just research the paint shop that you want to take it to whether it be Maaco or Earl Schieb. We always hear the horror stories from those shops but i have met some of the best painters that work for them. So just research the local paint shops see the work that they do. No one will be able to tell you which to choose cuz it depends on who works at the shops in your area. As far as the number of coats. If you are using Super black if the prep work is good you only need one maybe 2 coats to completely cover, then you can spend more on the clear you want. Yes, the more clear you have the "wetter" it looks. As far as cost it depends if you get them to do the prep work or not, the brand of paint you choose, the type of paint system used (BC/CC or SS). But it will prob run you about 1,5k to about 2k for paint; more if you have to have alot of body work.

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

i plan on getting a complete new paint job....

i was wondering what the proper steps to having it "correctly" done are? or what to ask them on how they do their paint jobs

i dont want to go to some whack ass body shop and give me a cheap ass paint job.

2000 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

(6) Boston 6 1/2's

(4) Boston SPG555

(2) Rockford Fosgate T1000

(1) Rockford Fosgate T400

truck1.jpg