Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Being a Noob Really Got me.


Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, strangeduck said:

or the amp will let out the magic smoke

I'm pretty sure kicker got a quick decent protection circuit  

 

I could be wrong. Haven't used one since early 2000

Posted
17 minutes ago, AaronT said:

I'm pretty sure kicker got a quick decent protection circuit  

 

I could be wrong. Haven't used one since early 2000

My Amp is a Rockford FosGate R500x, have it paired with a Alpine R-W10D2. I no longer have the Kicker I don't remember what series it was, But it was Black and red That's all I remember.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

I read and thought it was a dual 4ohm. My bad

That's what the guy had it listed at for sale but it was the 2ohm not 4ohm. My Amp is tested as putting out 632w.. I'm below RMS for the Sub, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on my Statement and I do apologise to the confusion.

Posted
17 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

thats what i read as well

 

I'm Sorry for the confusion, But it's a 2 ohm Sub not 4ohm. The guy that sold it had it listed as 4ohm is why I bought it. Now I'm stuck with wiring 1ohm or 4ohm.

Posted
56 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Ah, your Rockford will take that 1 ohm

 

 

You sound so sure it would handle 1ohm, Me on the other hand I'm not so sure 2 things stop me....

1. The sub is rated 750RMS, So the Amplifier will push harder Since it's high RMS, Sensitivity is 82.2 my Amplifier is 500w Rated.

2. Amplifier is rated at 500RMS, 300w@4ohms 500W@2ohms, it shows nothing at 1ohm.

I'm sure it would get really hot and I dont want it to burn out anything. It might not or it could, guess it's 50/50 chance maybe.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 922 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...