Sundown Audio

Quick Amp question

Scotnemily

As some of you might know, I have been waiting for a few months for my Deaf Bonce AAK2000.1 to come in. It could still be months away or a week. Just don't know. I do have the option to get a Synergy WFO 2.1D instead. I can even get the Synergy at a discount since I have been waiting on my other amp. I have heard good things about both amps. I am curious to get opinions on if I should go with Synergy or just wait for the Deaf Bonce. I will list some more things I am weighing about each below.

Deaf Bonce:

1. I like the looks better not a big deal, but hey it matters.

2. I like the built in Voltage and temp sensor

3. I like the clip limiter switch.

4. Even if it came in tomorrow, I might not get a chance to hook it up until after Christmas so waiting at this point isn't even a huge deal anymore.

Synergy:

1. Owner has taken his time to talk to me and answer any questions and is super fast and friendly.

2. Amp is likely to be more efficient then the Deaf Bonce.

3. Amp is available right now.

4. Amp will come with a $100 bill taped to it. (ok not really but I will get almost $100 back from what I already paid)

Those are the main things. I know if I am worried about voltage I can always monitor it through other means. does not have to be on the bass knob.

Thoughts?

I have been thinking waiting isn't a huge deal anymore. But also nothing to return the same place I bought the deaf bonce is the same place that would mail me the Synergy amp. they are about 3 hours from me. they are happy to let me wait, give a full refund, or send the Synergy at a discounted price and refund $100. While I want the amp now, I can wait. But I do like the customer service with Synergy so far. I doubt the owner of Deaf Bonce would email me back as quickly...

We normally don't allow comparisons between brands here.

I'll let this one stand as it's fairly data driven as opposed to emotional attachments and general brand support.

Keep it sane. Any fanboyism or brand bashing will get this insta-nuked.

yeah sorry I wasn't trying to do a vs thread. I know they are both rated good. I was just trying to make up my mind :)

I probably should have just done it as Amp “A” and amp “B” and said pretend they are equal quality. That way maybe it wouldn’t have been close to breaking the rules. Anyway I ended up going with amp “X” I was made a deal that was hard to pass up. I am just not sure if I can say I stayed with amp “X” or I switched to amp “X” as I don’t want to create problems. 

Archived