Brian Owens Wall (BTLs now!)

Guest MegaloManiac

Hey thanks guys!!!

It is quite loud.  I'll be honest, we started strong, but then we had a few problems during the build, so we never really fully tested everything and it definitely still needs some work for max potential.

It is 12.6 ft^3, and we measured the actual tuning to be around 42 Hz.  Seems high, but it will really pound out the music.  There is just at 300 sq^in of port area.  I built a port insert for daily, but I have yet to play a song on it (that I like) that the subs cannot handle in the enclosure they are in, so I have never installed it.

Still not getting max power from the amps.  Ended up with dual 1.4 coil MT's, and with impedance rise it averages around 3 ohms per coil, too high for max output from the MD3Ds.

We did 155.8 outlaw in the kick at Texas Heat Wave, and that was with one bad coil on one sub, and the amps were built incorrectly.  With two good recones and new amps, we did 155.3 on the dash a couple of nights ago, so I am thinking the outlaw score in the kick went way up just from fixing equipment problems (not sure why we did not check it, other than it was late and I was trying to get home.  The main project for that night was installing rear suspension air bags in the coil springs to support all this weight).  The goal is to keep going until I see 160 outlaw.  I am hoping a few changes to the box, dual .7 ohm coils, and some luck, we will be there.

I'll post pics of the back tomorrow.  Is not as pretty as the front, but is impressive to those who have never seen this type of install.

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

sup brian, ...<<ray from superior sound, in fresno ca..

u still coming to fresno soon?

heard about all the amp drama.. glad everything got worked out

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Here is the back of the suburban.  Like I said, not as clean as the front, but I just have never finished it.  Seems like both times I have installed the amps, it was literally just a few hours before we wanted to be at a show.  The amp rack from the first time around is in the trash somewhere.  I like this setup, but right now I do not plan on finishing it, because I am debating on buying a van and two more 18's. . .

The daily port I designed changes the net box volume to 13.8 ft^2, 200 in^2 of port area tuned to 35 Hz, but it has never been installed, as I like how it sounds for the music I listen to.

Hey Ray - I will be in Fresno all next week, but it looks like I will be stuck in a hotel with no car.  Not sure if I will make it there.  Maybe next time!

Brian

post-13-1165331094.jpg

truck_2.jpg_thumb

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived