Second Skin Audio

Looking for subs for friends build.

Scotnemily

I have a friend with a 2018 GMC 2500 Denali. He wants the loudest system he can get in it while keeping mostly stock appearance. After talking about it, he has decided to go with a box under his rear seat. I told him he might need to get a lift for the rear seat. Can he do something like 8” subs like the ct sounds or something else? I am not sure how much room he has yet. Would 6 6.5” subs be a better choice than the 4 8” subs? His budget is around $3k. I am open to recommendations. Thanks for the help!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I was leaning towards 4 8” subs.

i have looked at the Meso 8”, the ssa 8”, some from b2 audio, and a lot of others. Seems to be some good options out there

Wow those Gately boxes are expensive! I was thinking they might be $600-$800 but $1400? Wow! Just sticker shock I guess. I did tell him expect to spend as much or more on the box then the subs or amp...

Can those CT sound Mesos take 1250 rms? I know there will be box rise ect... The Amp I am thinking about does 5k on the dyno at 1 ohm. Thanks

Will probably do the Synergy WFO 3.1D. I have the 2.1D running at .5 ohms now and love the amp. Also Curt over at Synergy Is super friendly and has been very helpful. Great costumer service. 

He has the electrical already in place. But yeah that could be a little Big for the 8"s that's why I was asking. I know the WFO 2.1D does 2800 @1 ohm so it might be a better choice...

Archived