Sonic Electronix

2018 Focus SE... Looking to build a system for it

Besides budget. What are you goals? Do you want SPL or SQ ? What kind of music do you listen to, etc?

Pac intergration for rca's out.  $100 + -

Front speakers $150 + -

Rear speakers $100 + -

Subwoofer       $200 + - 

4 ch amp          $150 + -

Mono amp       $200 + -

Thats half your budget on MEH equipment.  I would research what you have in your vehicle for speaker locations and find out how many drivers you will need to help with your budgeting.  You can go down the rabbit hole quick in car audio, I had most of the speakers and amps for the sq-ish build i am working on, i have 2k in electrical right now and still need a HO alt.  I also have 2K into sound deadening. So becareful... it can happen quick! lol

I would get to hung up on brands,  speakers are speakers. Look at the specs once you under stand what your looking at to help determine whats a good driver to use.

All brands have there equipment in a progressive series starting with budget friendly beginners equipment up to competition grade.  Usually the base model equipment is better than stock depending on the audio package you have in your car.  Important to know... Step 1 inda think.

I always tell people the prep work and how you install speakers is more important than the speaker your putting in.

Good luck picking equipment is one of the hardest steps, you second guess yourself, or what if,  it sucks if your OCD and everything has to match. lol

Archived