Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Plz explain something to me...


Recommended Posts

Posted

I keep seeing videos where guys are setting up their sub/amp combos, to be seeing .5 and even .4 ohm loads ! That seems just crazy. But then they will say they are making  #### watts.... and it is usually what the amp is rated for at 1 ohm ? If their wattage is not increasing dramatically by dropping the resistance from 1 ohm, to .5 or .4 ohms, whats the point of even setting it up that way in the first place ?

 

Here's an example... this guy says he is making 12K watts... But then he says he is making a .4 ohm load ? Why ? 

 

 

Posted

Honestly you should spend more time helping people instead of trying to stir up shit and talk shit.

 

Your like a good reason this forum is dead and lots of people don't return after posting one topic, dick

Posted

Anyway in spite of the title he explains impedance rise very well it shows it on a graph in regards to frequency response and everything

 

The title is just saying that it's going to happen regardless of the box so box rise is basically a misnomer

Posted

Okay, I'm sorry if I'm just being stupid, but I've watched that video twice, and while I can totally see how the resistance of a setup changes all over the place, based on lots of factors, not only the box..... Typically it seems to "rise" way up, hence the term, "box rise".

 

But then, do people actually set up their systems to create .4 and .5 ohms to begin with ? And get by with it ? Are any of you guys setting up your systems this way ? 

 

Also, I have to say, I had no idea that box rise could be so drastic. (albeit, in the video, they did the test in free air, so I don't know if it's this drastic in real world, sub enclosure setups) But anyway, a system that pushes 5000 wts at 1 ohm, may only be pushing 1200 wts at 14 ohms ??? Sounds like a major problem.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1464 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...