Damn PT, who did you tell about the song? I have 45 Downloads on that bitch already.

LOL, Probably from people here on SMD, you're talented at that stuff :D . I only told one friend who is not a member here. I pulled the second eq out of the car this morning and got a little more out of the subs, that song of yours is still one of the most violent excursion songs on my collection. The part at the very end where it waves up then down in hz is CRAZY!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

LOL, Probably from people here on SMD, you're talented at that stuff :D . I only told one friend who is not a member here. I pulled the second eq out of the car this morning and got a little more out of the subs, that song of yours is still one of the most violent excursion songs on my collection. The part at the very end where it waves up then down in hz is CRAZY!

I try to usually do one extremely low note per song.

And you're welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, it was a long process, sometimes fun and sometimes frustrating. I was sure that I wanted a few things to remain loyal to Steves design, like the mirrors, but had to do something different like the grab bars. It changed as I learned new stuff along the way. I have not found any weaknesses in it yet. It does exactly what it was designed to do, be a loud daily driver, music only, no SPL runs in the plans.

I still have a lot of tuning to go, have to hide some of the wires up front, add a Kinetik battery charger, and make some covers to go in between the amplifers to hide their wiring.

I plan to bypass the second EQ in the rear footwell tomorrow, mainly to see if it will completely eliminate the slight hiss that remains. I also want to see how the overall sound is with just the EQ in the headunit.

After all is done stereo wise, I will get back to modding the car in general. I have a set of H&R lowering springs and Stoptech brakes waiting to be installed, and plan to do a lot of maintenance items over the winter months. Future plans also include a 2006 PT center console and some aftermarket seats, I also have to get the rear rollpan painted.

....so the process will continue.

I will be here on SMD everyday, but probably won't be posting as much, I won't have any more construction questions for you guys, but might have a few electrical questions as time goes by.

Thanks to all you guys for helping me along the way! Especially Steve letting me copy his design, and not kicking me to the curb for even asking to do so! Thanks for all the SOTM votes, too, that I even got nominated was a great honor to me!

Now everybody get back to work on the builds so I can now sit back and watch! :D

That was...... SAD :cray:

NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!

REBUILD!!

:lol: J/p Man.. It Turned out Better that Expected :good:

Now Give it more power :P:lol:

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

so what does it hit?

No idea, no meters anywhere around here. It's loud enough that my pro installer friend covered his ears on a test run, and a non-stereo friend jumped out of the car after about a minute.

I would hope for 130db, but even you seasoned SPL builders will not predict numbers.

It has gotten a little louder to my ears as I work on the tuning.

Again I will refer everyone back through the build, that it's not an SPL setup at all, but is 3x the power that I have ever run in a car before, and gets loud enough through the full range to fatigue my ears after a few songs. I never ran such a loud mids/highs amp before, so it's really a new experience for me, it gets crazy loud on Rock and I spend 90% of my time with it listening to eighties music, so that is where the tuning time is spent.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

right on man! great job on the build, it turned out great!! Was i right about the whole cancellation thing or what? If it sounds like the hoopty does (tuning wise) i know your happy!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived