ptcary Posted November 28, 2008 Author Report Posted November 28, 2008 Damn Steve and the hoopty - keeps motivatin me to keep working on my interior, too! The console is far fom done, but I keep it in the car to visualize new ideas. I decided to leave the new center console finished off in black bedliner and make some beauty panels that will screw to the sides of it, leaving only about 1/4" of the bedliner visible around the edges (like Steve did on the hoopty wall, only suede instead of leather). After putting in the new seats, I have about a 3" additional gap between the sides of the seat and the center console, so instead of just a covered panel there, I want to build some 2" deep storage pockets out of wood and then cover them, to use up that space. The front most covered panel will float off the side of the console by 1/4" and a blue LED behind the panel and some aluminum foil should glow blue around the edges. Fabric is charcoal color fake suede. While waiting for the mailman to bring me some more parts, I got started mounting the Rockford Fosgate DMP1 in the rear passenger door area - 20 gigs of storage and wifi so I can shoot songs to the car wirelessly! Went down to my parents house for Thanksgiving: PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted November 29, 2008 Author Report Posted November 29, 2008 Cold garage so I didn't get too much completed this morning. The console panels are not done yet and the LEDs are not wired. I spent the morning going over the armrest with fake suede, had to fight with it for a while to get it perfect cause fake suede does not stretch! Aaaaargh! I am not sure where the DMP1 controller is going yet, either in the armrest storage compartment or on the side of the console by the passenger seat. Little by little I want to keep making a bunch of smaller wood panels and cover them in suede for the whole sides of the console and upper compartment sides, and maybe a few for the top side, too. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
groundpounder2k2 Posted November 29, 2008 Report Posted November 29, 2008 great build man.................. fuck a meter.................whats it hit?????? who gives a fuck........... METER MEANS NOTHING................ if you enjoy it...thats all that matters My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........
ptcary Posted November 29, 2008 Author Report Posted November 29, 2008 great build man.................. fuck a meter.................whats it hit?????? who gives a fuck........... METER MEANS NOTHING................ if you enjoy it...thats all that matters Thanks man, you said it! Its my daily driver, not a SPL tone car! Once I got past the break in period on all the speakers and started listening to my old 80's music that I love, this thing really came alive! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
reinke Posted November 30, 2008 Report Posted November 30, 2008 great build man.................. fuck a meter.................whats it hit?????? who gives a fuck........... METER MEANS NOTHING................ if you enjoy it...thats all that matters A FUCKING MEN. ----reference's---- meade916
ptcary Posted November 30, 2008 Author Report Posted November 30, 2008 Got the front panels done for the console this morning. turned out nice, I might try to make some smaller panels to let more of the light out, but overall I'm happy the way they turned out. I plan to make some curved panels for the cupholder sides and some more panels for the sides of the console too. One step at a time. Oh, and the folks at Eclipse sent me a music DVD with about 8 songs on it, fun stuff. Maroon 5 Added a LED nightlight and switch to the end of the dash... ...and started on the console storage pockets... PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
flashlight_65 Posted December 1, 2008 Report Posted December 1, 2008 all that hard work paid off. that shit is sweeeeeeeeeet! My builds: my caddy my 'hoe friends impala
ptcary Posted December 1, 2008 Author Report Posted December 1, 2008 Thanks guys, the more I surf SMD, the more ideas I get! I have a H&R suspension sitting in my garage waiting to go on, still need to get my roll pan painted, bought a factory chrome grill that needs painting, too. I just keep wanting more! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
E a r t h Posted December 1, 2008 Report Posted December 1, 2008 I wish I could see this machine in person
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.