Wow this is looking really good. My only gripe would have been make the box a little taller but it's really no issue. Looking forward to more progress :)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Wow this is looking really good. My only gripe would have been make the box a little taller but it's really no issue. Looking forward to more progress :)

I hear ya! It coulda been taller in the front but not the back. PT's slope down and in towards the rear hatch. I specifically wanted a fully square shape to avoid any design flaws on my part. You shoulda seen me stuffing the outer walls of it into the hatch when I started. I had to remove all the plastic just to get it in there! :lol: The rear speaker covers had to be left out of the car as the they wouldn't fit back in.

At first I was plannin to put some mids up by the ceiling, but have since ditched that idea, but those side panels might get some 6.5 components!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Got some carpeting done today, yep it won over the paint ^_^ . Too hot out to spend an hour sanding everything down, so just a quick spray of some 3M adhesive and up it went!

Still have to do some painting on the edges of the ports and have to make a small trim piece to hide the LEDs on the lower edge of the tunnel.

Got to test the LEDs some more too!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

NICE LIGHTS!!!!

i've always been a fan of nice lighting- and that looks SIK nice work bro!!!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Just goes to show you cost effective systems can look great too! Nice job I'm liking it alot.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Just goes to show you cost effective systems can look great too! Nice job I'm liking it alot.

Thanks,

I'm not sure what the going rate that a shop would charge to wall off a car, but I've got maybe $150 worth of wood in there and bought the 8 subs brand new for dirt cheap. Amps were less than $100 each too.

I've never paid a shop to install anything except alarm systems, and actually have fun building this stuff myself, as I'm sure you guys here on SMD do, too!

It's awesome to have a bunch of people ask which shop built that, and be able to answer, none of them!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Tha Dayton 4" arrived yesterday from parts-express, solid little speaker! I still plan to glass them into the pillars, but have decided to use a thicker piece of wood as they are pretty heavy for a 4". I have Dayton tweets already in the sail panel, but can't decide yet if I want to replace the sail panels with new ones and move the tweets into the pillars with the 4" or not. Found the prefab wooden disc at hobby store, might come in handy.

Threw a layer of carpet in the back to get things lookin better! And got a weatherproof power outlet into my rollpan for a battery charger connection. (I know, the roll pan still needs paint, but it's decent white primer for now :blush: !)

Waiting for payday Monday to order some mirrors for the sub chamber, and some power wire and RCAs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived