Second Skin Audio

Serious issue with skar evl10 that I can't figure out.

So, I recently bought a skar rp1200d and an evl10 d2. I got a temporary prefab box that's 1.85cu ft at 43hz. I have gain matched to 850 watts and set everything according to skar's recommendation  80hz and 30 for subsonic. I've even been in contact with skar trying to figure this issue out. 

The sub clicks and makes awful noise unless I turn the gain all the way down to 8v or below. And then the sound is almost nonexistent. I'm running from a factory headunit. I have a short video of the noise from the other day but now it's even worse. I've been playing with the settings on different test tones and anything I can think of or google to figure this out, to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

oh, video is of the first settings I tried. 

Gain matching to the head unit is going to give you the cleanest highest RMS the amplifier we'll put out when you said something for a specific voltage with a multimeter like you're doing that's a different story you just using the wrong term

Yes that's a huge box for that cat and what you're hearing is the sub bottoming out

Remember when under gains and head unit flat, any tinkering with the bass boost processor for your head unit or anything like that you going to change the voltage and you're not going to be matched for the specific wattage

Gotcha. I dont mess with bass boost at all. I leave it off and leave bass set to flat on the hu. I'm going to make a spacer and stick this thing in my sdr box and give it a try. Thanks for the help. I've been out of this stuff for about 15 years and everything has seriously bypassed my previous knowledge. 

Archived