Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7 Vs. Dc Lvl 4

thanks wL, appreciate the kind words, and also Tub Asko and of course Michael :D

Tub, you planning on soem USACi this year?

Np your a cool guy and you try to help out and people like that need to learn some respect.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I have two L7s and they perform great. They get pretty loud and don't sound bad at all. A lot of people say the L7's have a sound of their own but sometimes when I compare my sound to other peoples setups who are running JL, Pioneer or some other company I definately prefer my L7's over what they had. Never had a problem with any of Kickers products so far. If you're running Kicker subs and your blowing them then it's your own damn fault, not kickers.

I however am going to be getting some DC 15" lvl4's soon because I wanna see how they fare against my L7s. Heard a lot of great things about DC and I know Rusty is a great, realiable guy based on all the compliments he gets on these threads. In reality though, its not always the sub, its the build and box too.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

I've never heard the DC's but i loved my L7's i had. Only problem i had was that someone had snipped the tinsel leads by the push connectors and when i resoldered them i didn't take up for for the overlap of the joint like a dumbass and they were a little tight and ended up ripping it loose from the coil on the inside. But that was with around 3,000 Rms between a pair of them.

car does make a big diff. My l7s in the truck are hella louder than similar l7 setups in suvs. Same thing if you put em in a crx or some shit like that. Vehicle makes a big diff. One guy at a recent competition who had 2 l7 15s and his 3000 watt hifonics amp was just blown away when he sat in my truck.

Archived