Sonic Electronix

I'm really new to car audio but I'm trying to get this all figured out. I'm currently running a setup with two Rockford Fosgate P2D2 12's running off of a Rockville db12 2000w amp on a stock electrical system. I've had this setup for a while now, but recently I've been feeling like they aren't hitting hard enough. One of the biggest issues is that some songs sound so quiet like there is almost hardly a beat in the back ground but other songs will play and my amp starts to cut out.  Am i just expecting too much out of this system? I have no clue what the problem is at this point whether if its just that my amp is crappy, the amp isn't tuned right or maybe that I'm just expecting too much out of this system. Also, I've been thinking about upgrading to 2 Skar EVL-15's and a precision power 5000 watt amp in a custom box. If I were to upgrade should I also upgrade my electrical system too? Like maybe a bigger alternator, battery or capacitor? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Upgrade to at least a better amp, not one of the same or lesser quality.

The ppi 5 k isn't 5k, it's realistically around 1200-1400 Max rms.

You can grab an Orion xtr 1500.1dz on Amazon for $248, comes with remote bass knob and free ear buds (lol) and it will do way over 1500 watts, I think the Dyno on it it did almost double in dynamic testing

Well it'll do more than the ppi you wanted.

I'm assuming on the price of the ppi being $205 or so your budget is around there? 

If that is your budget, and you want rms enough for those 2 skars, then you wanna look at the taramps smart 3k. It's a full bridge Brazilian amp. That will do well over rated,  it's 279 on Amazon. It also does 3k at 4,2 and 1 ohm.

But it really exceeds 3k at 1ohm, but it's guaranteed to do rated on all impedance.

This amp did over 5k dynamic, and that's the important test for us guys using it as daily driver music.

Me personally I'd go with incriminator audio 20.1 if I was in the market for 3k or so.

Nothing wrong with the taramps, but after being involved with audio since 1998, (15 yo) I'm beyond looking for the cheapest options available for rated power. I don't mind waiting and saving a while longer if I have to to get stuff I really want.  I have a few cars with audio and even if not, I'm not in any rush to get it in sooner than later.

I just wish we had amps like the taramps back in high school. Man....

This taramps looks sweet! Once again I appreciate it. One more question tho, would it be necessary for me to upgrade my stock electrical system in my vehicle? If i'm not mistaken my car is running a 136 Amp alternator at 12 volts. I currently don't own any additional batteries or stuff like that. Would getting a new alternator or additional battery be absolutely necessary though? As for my budget I'm just trying to keep it around 800$.

It's not necessary. Would it be better? Hell yeah it would.

Are you running any other amps?

What will be necessary is doing the "Big 3" and it needs done in 1/0 ofc cable.

1)Alternator + to battery +

2)Alternator case (one of the bolts that mount alt to block) to chassis ground (nice big bolt somewhere under hood)

3) battery - to same spot on chassis where you grounded alternator case/engine block.

And you'll definitely want to feed the amp with a run of 1/0 ofc cable, not 4g. (4g will literally melt)

An alternator will run you $305 for a 250 amp from brand X. It is definitely something to consider down the road, especially if planning on amp for mids and highs.

So for new power and ground (assuming you don't have 1/0 ran) your looking at about $70 or so

Big 3 wiring (6 foot length of power cable, and 2 4ft lengths for ground about 50

Toss another 15 for ring terminals for the wiring upgrades

Actually I'll figure it all out for you hold on

Knukoncepts 1/0 ofc amp kit

18ft power, 5 ft ground, waterproof 

Fuse holder , fuse and 4 ring terminal - $99

14 ft 1/0 ofc "big 3" (6ft pwr, 2 4ft gnd)    - $49

Smart 3k amp                                               - $279

That's 427 so far 

I'd but a good AGM battery under hood -$279

That's total $706.

Add $15 for shipping on wire, everything else is free shipping

http://www.knukonceptz.com/shopping-cart/?s=1