Sundown Audio

Just got new amp, SALT 4, have one question.

Dragonsyph

The amp comes with a bad ass b knob that has voltage, temp, clip light, power light, protect light.  

The voltage is about .5 volts off vs a mm taking measurements at power input to amp.  

My question is can you some how adjust the voltage read out? 

Other then that this is the best amp I have ever owned, I was demoing last night full tilt and it never went below 14v and stayed below 90f the whole time.  Doesn’t even feel warm to the touch yet.  Amp is truly amazing compared to the old Orion 5k I had.  Man that Orion was a pile of shit.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

28 minutes ago, 121gigawatts said:

Has to be. Probably like a regular voltmeter that pops open and has screw knob inside to tune the voltage correctly. Nice amp. I was just looking at that amp and I’m thinking of getting it but I’m worried over time it might overpower my zv5. But maybe not. Or I might get the salt 6 and a nightshade v4. I’m still debating. And make sure you double you 1/0 runs because that amp pulls more than 350 amps of current and one run of 1/0 gauge only supports 350 amps of current. Double your runs on the positive runs at least. On your battery to alternator and battery to battery and battery to amp. Double up on all the battery grounds and amp grounds too. 

Oh for sure bro, I love the clip light, I put the full 5500 watts into the NSV4 and it loves it, I just turn the knob down a bit if I get soft clip. 

Ya I have two runs of 1/0 skyhigh front to back, everything else is 2/0.  

Bro it says I edited it 52 mins ago well before you ever posted, check my previous threads, I had the Orion 5000v2 and I didn’t like it at all.  

I don’t see why you are calling me names.

I know the exact temp because the b knob has temp read outs from the amp.

Just now, 121gigawatts said:

Idk why it says you edited that long ago because I’ve been on this post the whole time and your post was just edited not too long ago and before that it stopped at the question mark. You added that paragraph afterwards and it wasn’t 50 something minutes ago. It was like 5 or ten minutes ago. 

Naw bro it was edited before anyone even posted.  You can see my past threads of the Orion amp, pics and everything.  I don’t see why you are calling me so many names.

That Orion was shit from the day I got it, I paid 800 off amazon and I’m pretty sure they sent me a refurbished model.  From day one it randomly clicked over and over tell you  cycled it’s power, towards the end it was sending a dirty signal to the sub causing rattling  noises.  It blew shortly after from just idling. 

Haven’t lied about anything, and if you think the website is lying too well then the problem is with you.  

Just now, 121gigawatts said:

I must be delirious cause I never seen that second part of you original post. That shit pissed me off cause I thought you were trying to play me on my decision. Lol I think I’m going crazy

Naw bro I love Orion, I have had lots of Orion stuff, it’s just that last amp was pure shit.  Not sure if it was factory defect or I got a refurbished one or what.  The main reason it pissed me off was Orion wouldent answer any emails phone calls fb posts to start an rma. 

5 minutes ago, 121gigawatts said:

I feel like that salt 4K might be too much for my zv5 15 after a while. Idk. What do you think?

Zv5 is what 2500 rms?  Should be ok if you sending clean power to it. I personally love it, only had it 2 days but I love it already,  the b knob is pretty baller too, hooks to the amp with a cat5 ethernet cable, has temp read outs, voltage, yellow/red clip light for soft and hard clip, along with some other lights. 

Your right that the Orion outs out more power, mine had dyno sheet of 5500 watts at 12.6v. It just got really hot.

Archived