Sonic Electronix

Looking to build a loud daily

Hey everyone. I’m looking to build a loud daily driver, that can hopefully hit the lows and do 150db or close and hair tricks. So let me give a run down of what I planned to build. Then anyone can chime in and point me in a better direction, or let me know if I got my shit right. The vehicle will either be a Chevy blazer probably 4 door, or a Ford Explorer. Maybe someone can tell me which will be easier to get loud in. Will be buying most of the equipment before the car. So for the subs, I wanted to run 4 15s. I’m stuck on which sub will be the loudest and play the lowest. Here were the ones I was considering..

15” PSI platform 2 upgraded

15” DC level 4 m3

15” FI bt3

I’ll probably post another thread for the box for specifics when I build it, but I was guessing around 12-14 cubes with lots of port tuned around 28-31hz. Subs up, port back.

For the amp I was thinking about the crescendo bc6k. Or maybe a dc 7.5k, but the crescendo is about 800 cheaper.

for electrical, was gonna do a 370 mechman, lots of 1/0 and a limitless lithium 45ah that’s rated for 8,500 rms. Will probably replace the hood battery with lithium as well Or at least a nice agm. 

what’s everyone think about this? Possible to do 150 non walled with 6-7k rms? Is my electrical idea strong enough for that kinda power? 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bismofunyuns said:

Hey everyone. I’m looking to build a loud daily driver, that can hopefully hit the lows and do 150db or close and hair tricks. So let me give a run down of what I planned to build. Then anyone can chime in and point me in a better direction, or let me know if I got my shit right. The vehicle will either be a Chevy blazer probably 4 door, or a Ford Explorer. Maybe someone can tell me which will be easier to get loud in. Will be buying most of the equipment before the car. So for the subs, I wanted to run 4 15s. I’m stuck on which sub will be the loudest and play the lowest. Here were the ones I was considering..

15” PSI platform 2 upgraded

15” DC level 4 m3

15” FI bt3

I’ll probably post another thread for the box for specifics when I build it, but I was guessing around 12-14 cubes with lots of port tuned around 28-31hz. Subs up, port back.

For the amp I was thinking about the crescendo bc6k. Or maybe a dc 7.5k, but the crescendo is about 800 cheaper.

for electrical, was gonna do a 370 mechman, lots of 1/0 and a limitless lithium 45ah that’s rated for 8,500 rms. Will probably replace the hood battery with lithium as well Or at least a nice agm. 

what’s everyone think about this? Possible to do 150 non walled with 6-7k rms? Is my electrical idea strong enough for that kinda power? 

All of those brands are good. Sorry no versus threads here, so I can't help you there.

Looks like you will have between 3 to 3.5 cubes per sub so I would start there. 

For electrical I would avoid putting lithium under your hood. Much too hot a place for a lithium battery... 

Best of luck and welcome to the forum!

1 hour ago, Joshdashef said:

All of those brands are good. Sorry no versus threads here, so I can't help you there.

Looks like you will have between 3 to 3.5 cubes per sub so I would start there. 

For electrical I would avoid putting lithium under your hood. Much too hot a place for a lithium battery... 

Best of luck and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the response. Guess I’ll go with a good size xs battery under the hood. Still undecided on the subs, leaning more towards the dc at this point. Anyone have any idea what kinda numbers or what kinda performance can I expect at this power level? Assuming the box is optimal etc. 

I have owned several older body style explorers 05, 08, 10 and I will tell you now the cargo area runs out quick! I did 6-10s, 4-12s, and 2-18s in there. Are you planning a wall? I did 153-155db music/burp at 36hz nothing amazing, but worked for me. Amp power rms I typically clamped 5600-6300 battery power 7 xs 3100s, then limitless 45ah

1 hour ago, jmanjr82 said:

I have owned several older body style explorers 05, 08, 10 and I will tell you now the cargo area runs out quick! I did 6-10s, 4-12s, and 2-18s in there. Are you planning a wall? I did 153-155db music/burp at 36hz nothing amazing, but worked for me. Amp power rms I typically clamped 5600-6300 battery power 7 xs 3100s, then limitless 45ah

Wasn’t planning on running a wall. The explorer I was looking at was an 05 as well. Is there enough room for a 12-14 cube box with amp/battery room as well and still keep the back seats?
also were those numbers with a wall or no? That’s pretty good numbers without a wall

That's no wall. Ain't no way that area is big enough for a 12cube box plus amp battery room. I had a great guy build it Jeremiah wedgewood from a long while ago. Originally ran 6 RD alpha 10s on 2 RD 3250s with 7 XS 3100s.  Ran 4 DB Drive plw 12s 4 RD 3250s, most recently prior to the explorer burning down was running 2 Skar ZVX 18s, Taramps HD8000, limitless 45ah and xs d3400. 18s was the largest box at 10cubes tuned at 34hz pretty much all I could fit. If your wanting ideas I would measure the cargo area and get the dimensions of the area your ok using and see what subs will work optimally in that space. I liked 6-10s the best personally 

1 hour ago, jmanjr82 said:

That's no wall. Ain't no way that area is big enough for a 12cube box plus amp battery room. I had a great guy build it Jeremiah wedgewood from a long while ago. Originally ran 6 RD alpha 10s on 2 RD 3250s with 7 XS 3100s.  Ran 4 DB Drive plw 12s 4 RD 3250s, most recently prior to the explorer burning down was running 2 Skar ZVX 18s, Taramps HD8000, limitless 45ah and xs d3400. 18s was the largest box at 10cubes tuned at 34hz pretty much all I could fit. If your wanting ideas I would measure the cargo area and get the dimensions of the area your ok using and see what subs will work optimally in that space. I liked 6-10s the best personally 

That would be great if you can get the dimensions, preferably with the back seats up and down. I may be willing to give up the back seats, but I might as well wall at that point probably. 

Archived