Sonic Electronix

I have a question about my setup I have in my 98 TJ. So my equipment I have so far is as follows:

Skar Audio TX525C (Front)

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax)

JL Audio 360.4

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm)

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2

Pioneer DEH80-PRS (2013 Model)

When I put the fader on my DEH-80PRS to front or to rear, the speakers either front or rear still play when each are in the front and rear fader maxed out. This is normal? Also, my front speakers in my TJ seem to be much quieter than the my rear speakers (Sound bar). The difference is that the front are components (Skar Audio TX525C 5.25") and the rears are old Kenwood excelons from my old build, the 4 channel amp is a JL 360/4, should I reset the gains with the DD-1? Or did I do something fundamentally wrong when setting up my system?

The Skars in the front are 5.25's and the Kenwoods in the rear soundbar are 6.5's.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Your front and rears will play at different loudness given the same volume for a couple of reasons. 1. They are from different manufacturers so same specs don’t guarantee the same output. 2. If one pair is well used it will have more compliance and be louder than a brand new set. If your fading front to back and side to side basically works then checking your gains might help because your amp might picking up a faint signal because its gain is set to too low a voltage.

• 2 weeks later...

My front and rear speakers are different brands and different sizes, also the front are components and the rear are co axles. Fronts being 5.25 and the rear being 6.5, the gain was set using an SMD DD-1 same with the crossovers.  

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

On 5/1/2020 at 2:16 AM, Kain91 said:

The difference in loudness can also be due to frequency range differences. A coaxial can play a different range of frequency than a component

Very true I didn't think about that. That could be my problem for my loudness issue. Thanks. 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived