Electrical Help

2014 Mercedez GLK350

Stock Alt, Battery under the hood, stock hu audio control lc2 Skyhigh 1/0 OFC to the rear to a limitless 25Ah Skar vxf 15 taramps 3k@1ohm 

Voltage never drops below 12.5 never clips.

The problem I am having seems to be the computer sometimes when you start the car, change songs, driving The battery light will come on and say see users manual. The problem is when that happens it's like the power is limited or cut down significantly and the bass/output drops about to nothing

3 hours ago, jmanjr82 said:

2014 Mercedez GLK350

Stock Alt, Battery under the hood, stock hu audio control lc2 Skyhigh 1/0 OFC to the rear to a limitless 25Ah Skar vxf 15 taramps 3k@1ohm 

The problem I am having seems to be the computer sometimes when you start the car, change songs, driving The battery light will come on and say see users manual. The problem is when that happens it's like the power is limited or cut down significantly and the bass/output drops about to nothing

You are NOT suppose to mix lithium batteries with standard or agm batteries. You will have to delete the battery under your hood. Meaning, take the battery out from under the hood and do whatever with it, don’t put it back in the car, an then how ever the connections to the positive and negative posts of that battery were, leave them connected the same way with battery terminals and secure the battery terminals to a piece of wood and secure that piece of wood in the same spot as the battery was. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

5 hours ago, jmanjr82 said:

2014 Mercedez GLK350

1point21 is right. You are not supposed to mix lithium batteries with agm batteries unless the lithium battery had the lifepo4 technology and even then they recommend using a battery isolator. If I understand correctly what I've read, mixing agm and lithium is bad because the charging rate of the 2 batteries are vastly different and what the lithium battery will end up doing is "dumbing itself down" to the level of the agm, compromising performance and running the risk of damaging the battery. Now with the power cutting off problem.... newer cars, especially the high end brands, everything is controlled by the CPU. By running the 2 different batteries, and stressing  out the charging, I'm assuming it's confusing the hell out of the cpu and it's assuming something is wrong, so it's cutting down the problem (the power) to a safer operating level, assuming you need to drive the car someplace to get the problem fixed. I could be absolutely wrong, but that's what I think is happening

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Well I was told it was no problem to mix the limitless with agm, so news to me much appreciated. Any battery isolator suggestions? I dont know that I'm comfortable with removing the stock battery altogether. Also I had a 2013 glk same system, but didn't have this problem? 

You don’t need that nor that agm battery. That 25ah lithium battery will run your system and car electronics no problem. Just delete the battery under the hood. A battery isolator might work or might not. Because a battery isolator is really only for running a car audio system with your car’s engine off so the starter battery doesn’t drain. I would just delete the starter battery and run straight lithium and be done with it. Because I think a battery isolator isn’t gonna fix your problems for the long run. Better safe than sorry.

You can mix agm and lithium as well as reg lead acid. The only issue that could occur is parasitic drain from the higher resting voltage batt to the lower voltage batt. Over time this could cause your batts to prematurely fail. I ran a kinetik agm in the rear with my old lead acid up front for years with no issues. The kinetik is over 6 years old and still kickn. Isolators are for playing with the car off or for boats. It may be something in the cars computer system sending an error code due to the extra pull your charging system is seeing. Newer cars get bitchy sometimes when you add extra draw because of some of the safety and operating systems they have.

2 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

You can mix agm and lithium as well as reg lead acid. The only issue that could occur is parasitic drain from the higher resting voltage batt to the lower voltage batt. Over time this could cause your batts to prematurely fail. I ran a kinetik agm in the rear with my old lead acid up front for years with no issues. The kinetik is over 6 years old and still kickn. Isolators are for playing with the car off or for boats. It may be something in the cars computer system sending an error code due to the extra pull your charging system is seeing. Newer cars get bitchy sometimes when you add extra draw because of some of the safety and operating systems they have.

Running a standard lead acid batt and an agm batt isn’t that bad. But running a lithium batt and an agm or standard lead acid batt is different and way more problematic. Plus it’s a Mercedes. German cars have a wired electrical system already. I wouldn’t dare do what he’s doing, nor would I do what he’s planning. He can get away with it for now. But sooner or later them batteries are gonna mess up and maybe his alternator and maybe other electrical systems in that vehicle. It’s not smart to trial, error and gamble with an electrical system that can damage things in the vehicle and leave you stuck in a parking lot or on the side of the road. 

There r several people running lithium with agm in stock location. Most lith banks ive seen rest more similar to an agm than a lead acid. Most might be a few tenths off. The lith bank also has a built in voltage stabilizer that should pretty much eliminate any neg effects from the tenth or 2 of difference. Regardless how he procedes he wont fix anything until he figures out how to bypass or disable the cars system that is causing the issue. There may b no way to bypass or disable it. Idk. Im too poor to own a mercedes. Lol.

5 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

There r several people running lithium with agm in stock location. Most lith banks ive seen rest more similar to an agm than a lead acid. Most might be a few tenths off. The lith bank also has a built in voltage stabilizer that should pretty much eliminate any neg effects from the tenth or 2 of difference. Regardless how he procedes he wont fix anything until he figures out how to bypass or disable the cars system that is causing the issue. There may b no way to bypass or disable it. Idk. Im too poor to own a mercedes. Lol.

Understandable. Ive seen it done too but it can be problematic and I’m not a big risk taker when it comes to expensive car audio. Lol! And personally I wouldn’t of put a system in a Mercedes. It being a Mercedes could be the reason the problem is there because German cars start acting funny when you put systems in them.

Archived