Would it work

7 hours ago, Spazy808 said:

If I run a skar rp-2000.1 a 4-500watt four channel and a extra battery off a 100amp alternator. Or will this just be bad and a h/o alt would be the only option along with a second battery 

You might be able to get away with a high output alternator and just replacing your 1 battery with something more powerful. It's possible even to find an alternator shop in your area and a lot of times they can rebuild your alternator to up the output

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

There are so many misconceptions about DC electrical systems and how accessories effect them,  this will apply to anything.

1. What is the needed running amperage for basic operation of my vehicle?

Ex. (Draws the Most)

Modern, electronic ignition with multiple coils and electronic control modules 

Ex. (Uses the Least)

Diesel with straight drive and mechanical injection no abs

2. What accessories does my vehicle use in basic operation?

Example

does it always have the lights on day and night

Is there automatic ride control

3. how many accessories  are you using

Do you run the climate control (heat A/C) all the time

what else has a constant draw GPS, phone, etc. 

_______ amps= total amount needed for basic operation

above amps x 25%=_______amps needed to properly maintain battery +or- depending on how long you operate the vehicle (normal time driving) between restarting.

Now what are you installing? 

maximum current draw? ____________amps

@ 75% _________amps

@ 50% _________amps

@25%___________amps

How do you listen to your system and how long at each % ?

Are you planning on competition?

What is the condition of the battery and alternator?

(these are questions to ask yourself and find out what is needed for the results you want)

Well I’m no math guy so that stuff is a bit confusing to me sadly. But I’m not gonna be doing comps just my daily driver but I like to Slam what ever I got. The truck is super basic no power locks windows headlights can be turned off during the day run the heater once in a while during the winter it’s Oregon so not horrible so I’m assuming it doesn’t use much to begin with 

47 minutes ago, Spazy808 said:

Well I’m no math guy so that stuff is a bit confusing to me sadly. But I’m not gonna be doing comps just my daily driver but I like to Slam what ever I got. The truck is super basic no power locks windows headlights can be turned off during the day run the heater once in a while during the winter it’s Oregon so not horrible so I’m assuming it doesn’t use much to begin with 

This video isn't the end all be all, but it helped me out a lot in understanding what equipment I needed

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived