Second Skin Audio

What woofer to put into Gatley Production Box ***

You could model it to figure that out. 

You build the box for the subs you are running usually not the other way around. But Gately's stuff is super nice so I get it. I would see what other people have run in that enclosure or maybe give them a call. I would bet they would be able to give you recommendations for using their product. 

I think meade demo'ed some B2s in that type of box. 

That box is 2cubic feet , 2 Sundown X-8’s would be perfect, if you up your budget 2 DD SW2508 super 8.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Don’t think they sell online try to find a dealer close and ask him if he ships. DD has always been weird about that. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

19 hours ago, gator1873 said:

I am thinking about buying the box below ( 2 8" 1.5cf Slot ported) , question is what woofers to put into this bad boy? Budget under $600 for the pair

https://gatelyaudio.com/collections/pre-fab-boxes/products/2-x-8-configuration-1-5cf

What type of amp will you be using?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

You need to find out the subwoofer(s) and amp out before you worry about the enclosure. It’s not ideal to build a system just for a certain enclosure. Once you find the subwoofers and amp then the enclosure specs come into play. When it comes to the subwoofer, that’s what mainly defines the enclosures specs. Then the amp defines the port area and the velocity in unison, along with the tuning. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived