Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I deadened all my doors, roof, most of floor, but forgot to do anything to the hatch, where the port is blowing....and it rattles a lot!!  Anybody have any tips or tricks? I'm just going to deaden whatever I can but wondering what others experience is with deadening hatches/ rear doors or whatever its called.

 

Thanks ! 

Posted
37 minutes ago, Derp said:

Well I deadened all my doors, roof, most of floor, but forgot to do anything to the hatch, where the port is blowing....and it rattles a lot!!  Anybody have any tips or tricks? I'm just going to deaden whatever I can but wondering what others experience is with deadening hatches/ rear doors or whatever its called.

 

Thanks ! 

Spray foam and deadening  

Posted
On 6/18/2020 at 1:27 AM, Derp said:

Thanks ! Didn't even think about spray foam. I'm going to do it tomorrow.

I'd recommend stuffing a trash bag or two into the hatch and spray the foam into those if you're going to use spray foam. Less messy, and will help keep it out of any moving components for the handle/latch. Try to keep the bags away from those moving parts as well

Posted

and for the love of god, go SLOWLY when using expanding foam.  Follow the directions and take your time.  too much too fast will warp your sheet metal and make it bulge and ripple in spots, potentially separating factory seams.  Ask me how i know!  

Posted
2 hours ago, reedal said:

I'd recommend stuffing a trash bag or two into the hatch and spray the foam into those if you're going to use spray foam. Less messy, and will help keep it out of any moving components for the handle/latch. Try to keep the bags away from those moving parts as well

Good Idea, still haven't done it but will use bags too. Thanks.

Posted
24 minutes ago, bmwking said:

and for the love of god, go SLOWLY when using expanding foam.  Follow the directions and take your time.  too much too fast will warp your sheet metal and make it bulge and ripple in spots, potentially separating factory seams.  Ask me how i know!  

Haha yea I've used it before and it does expand rather fast if you overfill. I will be careful though since I've never used in car.

Posted
5 hours ago, Derp said:

Haha yea I've used it before and it does expand rather fast if you overfill. I will be careful though since I've never used in car.

Just fill up them gaps and let it fill then you can cut flush and the gap filler can be sanded to shape  

28E5B0A9-C5D9-470E-89F2-1B4FBAD3DACA.jpeg

B77108B4-1533-48E2-9CB5-0CFFE7A7566E.jpeg

89599576-75E8-475C-B253-0944AB3213BC.jpeg

Posted
9 hours ago, Spazy808 said:

Just fill up them gaps and let it fill then you can cut flush and the gap filler can be sanded to shape  ................

 

Wish  I would have thought about that when I did my old ext cab Ranger, back rattled like a Mofo!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1424 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...