Jump to content
Sundown Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

A friend wants me to recone his Sundown 10" sub but we can't figure out what model/version it is so we can order the correct recone kit. I've sent 2 emails to Sundown and also a email to directronix for help but so far no response. I don't want to guess and end up with the wrong recone and have to send it back. I've included some pics before the sub was stripped down. Really hope someone can help.

side.jpg

back.jpg

front.jpg

D2.jpg

Posted (edited)

I cut out the cone and found out the black spider is 4 layers. Has a plastic venting ring.

 

magnet.jpg

Edited by 13-SYNZ
trying to merge info into 1st post
  • 2 years later...
Posted

That's a zv4 rev 1 with the OG mega roll surround. Get with DTX ( Directronix) for an up to date recone with mega roll V2. That sub uses a true D2 8 layer coil. I believe there is a high BL coil available as well but those coils are very similar if I'm not mistaken. That's a potent driver with the right soft parts. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3805 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...