Make sure you pay attention to the launch dates of the following new tech. @Fennygolf

1. Nvidia 3000 series GPUs -

• 3090 on September 24, 2020
  • 3080 on September 17, 2020 - the embargo will be lifted this Wednesday, so review will be coming out a day before release... 

This will shift the whole bracket of used and new parts, imo you should not be buying anything right now unless necessary. I will be waiting till the end of October before I even consider buying any parts. 

• 3070 in October 2020

2. AMD 4000 series CPUs  - October 8th, 2020.

3. AMD RDNA 2 GPUs - October 28th, 2020. 

4. Intel Rocket Lake - Q4 2020 - Q1 2021 | Pcie gen 4 support to match AMD current 3000 series. (you will not saturate a pcie gen 3 with any current gpus so it really only applies to emerging storage tech, that is already close enough to a m.2 nvme drive for a consumer that I wouldn't consider this as a required feature currently... down the road / future proof maybe). 

- As it stands today. I am on the side of a 3600 or 3700X for CPU, 3600 for purely gaming and 3700X for streaming/gaming/editing/etc.  However, if price is not a concern the 10600k and 10700k offer competitive solutions respectively. 

- GPU wise I would hold off buying used cards unless you catch a 2080 or above for under 350-400. I doubt supply will be there for Nvidia 3000 series, so expect delays. AMD has a history of bad drivers at launch, hoping they step it up for RDNA 2. 

- Best channel to look for accurate and unbiased benchmark info imo is GamersNexus: https://www.youtube.com/user/GamersNexus

On 9/14/2020 at 11:19 PM, Jln213 said:

I've been building pcs since 1999. Do you have your parts or are you trying to buy everything and have someone put it together for you? 

honestly it wouldnt matter to me if i just paid someone to build it for me and they buy the parts but i want someone that build a themed PC ive seen them bouncing around the internet but i cant get in contact with the builder cause im pretty sure that when i email them they dont see it from so many requests that they get