Sonic Electronix

Looking for a pre built lithium iron phosphate battery

Even on a stock alternator that would be more than enough lithium. But if you have a h/o alternator, then this battery would be more than enough.

https://customelectricservice.com/products/40ah-5kw-battery-lto-cylindrical-cells-black-acrylic-case-5-spot-lug-bars-actively-balanced?_pos=2&_sid=75a96e026&_ss=r

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Oooooooooo, that's a dope battery! I would have gotten that over the Cyber 12k if I knew about it. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

You don’t even need that much lithium. Let alone some super caps. LTOs are the safest lithium chemistry. That’s why I recommended them built LTO batteries. Them cheap batteries you are talking about that claim the specs do not do the specs they claim. If so, then I would have bought 200ah of them Amazon lipo4  batteries instead of 80ah of LTOs the same price. Shit, don’t you think it’s kind of strange they are charging less for a 100ah battery than limitless lithium is charging on a 25ah or any other good battery around 25ah? Didn’t that come across to you as odd? If them batteries are official tissue and do what they claim for $450, don’t you think we all would have them same exact batteries in our builds and so many good battery companies would be out of business? So, that’s not true and them batteries you speak of aren’t true to their specs either. Just like when you see a cheap $150 2500 rms amp that doesn’t even do half on the dyno. It’s the same thing. Think about it dude. It isn’t against the law for a company to lie about a product to market it. I’ve seen plenty of cheap lithium batteries that claim so much and can only do so little. And wtf does a warranty mean when it comes to performance and specs? Nothing. As long as the battery WORKS then it’s ok to them. But for five years that battery is gonna suck. Any lithium battery should last that long and longer if maintained correctly. That warranty and that charger sounds so sweet and only $450 makes it sound even sweeter. I’ve search ebay and Amazon for lithium before and it looked so good until I researched the different companies and their batteries and figured out that LTOs, headway cells and Winston cells were the only low cost good batteries I could find. So I totally understand why you got confused. So I don’t mean any of this in a bad or condescending or disrespectful way. I just want to help. If you are content on buying a cheap lithium iron phosphate battery, then look at this. It’s way better than that 100ah junk you are wanting to buy. But that 80ah LTO battery is better than this battery I’m about to show you. But this battery is more than enough on your setup. What type of alternator are you planning to get? I hope you didn’t find it on Amazon or eBay.

https://www.evcomponents.com/winston-lifepo4-12v-90ah-cell.html
You CANT put this cell under your hood. There are some cased lithium batteries that say it’s ok to be put in the factory battery location under the hood. But lithium cells don’t like heat. If the case is thick and insulated and some there is a thermal shut off in its bms then it would work and only shut off on hot days. But, even though it’s working and only shutting off on hot days, that heat shortens that battery’s lifespan drastically. Think about it, they say you can put that battery in the oem location and it’s covered by a warranty. But once you hook that amp to that battery on a hot day and put a big load on that battery that causes it to get hotter than the temperature it said it could withstand, you just voided your warranty and that battery isn’t gonna do rated spec and is gonna fail and you are then stuck with a cheap battery charger that you paid $450 for. They see the battery when you send it back and tell you you misused the product because of the exceeded temperature that surpasses what the battery said it could withstand. You have to find the temperature ratings and sometimes you have to look hard. Even XS says their under the hood lithium is up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on location and the outside temperature is gonna come into play. The engine block of a vehicle is way hotter than 140 degrees Fahrenheit and so is the radiator of a vehicle and on a hot day, the entire engine bay of a vehicle is hotter than 140 degrees Fahrenheit. And the manufactures know when a battery has been overheated when they inspect it. That’s a big reason why when people switch to lithium they just delete the front battery.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived