Second Skin Audio

So who's doing big things in extended cab trucks? (2008 Silverado)

MECHMAN

Curious to see if anyone is doing big low end with the typical 4 8's under the seat or just went straight to ditching the fold up seats for something?  Talking 5k watts(at least) and SPL in the 30-33hz range. 

Just brain storming and thought up a "1/4 wall" build by ditching either the passenger side small fold up seat or the drivers side longer one. Either one still leaving a seat back there "just in case".

Msign.jpg

So I ditched the seats in my truck, but rather than a wall build I went with a box for 2 12s and a 2500 watt amplifier.  Box is tuned to 28Hz, I'm waiting for the SSA APM-X meter to come back in stock so I can meter it - then I'm going to pull almost everything out and going a different direction.

@Dafaseleshas a build log on the forum doing some pretty sick stuff with his truck build that's probably closer to what you are talking about - though I think he is planning a blow-through.

1 hour ago, Arthur79 said:

So I ditched the seats in my truck, but rather than a wall build I went with a box for 2 12s and a 2500 watt amplifier.  Box is tuned to 28Hz, I'm waiting for the SSA APM-X meter to come back in stock so I can meter it - then I'm going to pull almost everything out and going a different direction.

@Dafaseleshas a build log on the forum doing some pretty sick stuff with his truck build that's probably closer to what you are talking about - though I think he is planning a blow-through.

Yep. 4 12's on 2 SALT 4's in a 6th order blow through in a 2011 Silverado

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

My old truck (16 Silverado) is here:  Silverado

I just traded it in on a 21 Trail Boss, I'm still rocking the factory Bose in the 21, my AmpPro doesn't integrate with my new truck.

My 16 is hardly "big things" and it's a crew, not an extended cab but I thought I'd share. I do miss my stereo, I didn't realize my factory radio integration stuff wasn't compatible with the newer model truck.

Archived