Need help with smd dd1+

Anyone here tried to set gains on your amp with a dd1+? I tried to find where my stock head unit distorts at but the distortion light wouldn’t come on even on max volume. Is it because I have a stock headunit and the pre amp output isn’t strong enough? 
full set up:

-Skar vxf 12 dual 2

-skar skv2 2500

-stock head unit 

-clarion eq755 

- Xs power D3400R under the hood

-SHCA 1/0 gauge all around

It is possible that your head unit doesn't distort. 

Just some things to check. It's the eq set to flat on the head unit? Does the 40 hz detection light come on in the unit? Have you tried 40 hz and 1000 hz? Does the unit have a fresh, name brand, strong battery? What LOC are you using? (Im guessing it's the clarion?) Does the LOC have a gain? Is that gain in the LOC set correctly? Does the LOC have the function where it corrects the output signal of the stock head unit so it is, and remains, a flat signal? (A lot of vehicles nowadays manipulate the head unit signal so the crappy, paper, stock speakers sound ok, but are protected from lower signals. As you turn up the volume, it'll actually cut the lower frequencies more to protect the stock speakers) 

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I just bought the dd-1+ and cc-1 waiting for it to come hopefully I can figure this out too

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, Never Enough Bass said:

I just bought the dd-1+ and cc-1 waiting for it to come hopefully I can figure this out too

They are both great tools.  I have the original DD-1, have been thinking about getting the +, but I've never had to tune a system that required the extra wattage capability that the + offers.

The thing that's going to drive you insane is how sensitive the crossover pots are on some amplifiers.  I've started tuning amp crossovers on the bench before installing them so I can fiddle with the settings until they are finally dialed in LoL

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

17 minutes ago, Arthur79 said:

They are both great tools.  I have the original DD-1, have been thinking about getting the +, but I've never had to tune a system that required the extra wattage capability that the + offers.

The thing that's going to drive you insane is how sensitive the crossover pots are on some amplifiers.  I've started tuning amp crossovers on the bench before installing them so I can fiddle with the settings until they are finally dialed in LoL

I mean I don't tune other people's either I have the biggest system out of everybody I know but what if I run in to someone that I do need it and plus it does the same as the original so it's ok it was only a little more money plus it's gotta be better than setting everything with a dmm

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 minute ago, Never Enough Bass said:

I mean I don't tune other people's either I have the biggest system out of everybody I know but what if I run in to someone that I do need it and plus it does the same as the original so it's ok it was only a little more money plus it's gotta be better than setting everything with a dmm

For sure!  Had the + been available when I picked up my DD-1 I would have gone that route 😎

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Yea I thought about what 1 to get and was like fuck it just in case I can't wait to use it supposed to be here Monday see how well I do with the dmm I always cut it a little short using it cause u never know but now it's gonna be precis just not sure what to set it to I know my box says it's tuned to 32 so I tune to 25 and I usually tune my life to 80 but for some reason I think that's a little high

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

11 hours ago, regz said:

Anyone here tried to set gains on your amp with a dd1+? I tried to find where my stock head unit distorts at but the distortion light wouldn’t come on even on max volume. Is it because I have a stock headunit and the pre amp output isn’t strong enough? 
full set up:

-Skar vxf 12 dual 2

-skar skv2 2500

-stock head unit 

-clarion eq755 

- Xs power D3400R under the hood

-SHCA 1/0 gauge all around

You'll know if the preamp is weak because the signal light either won't come on, or will flicker. You can sanity check this by setting it through your amp - turn the gain low and see if the head unit distorts.

IIRC, some stock radios use a hard limiter of some variety so they won't distort. They just cap gain at a given threshold

• Like (+1 Rep) 2