At my breaking point with this tower

Hey guys and gals,

Ive been building a tower for a room for a few years now and just recently got a chance to buy a GPU had it installed and got no video output at all so i returned it and got a new one, still nothing so i got a different GPU and guess what still nothing so im at loss at this point everything lights up all the MOBO lights are good but I can not get any video from the GPU can anyone help me please.

Equipment list:

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX) AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 B450

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler

Ram - G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM (PC4-25600) DDR4 3200 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V Dual Channel Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GTZR

SSD - SK hynix Gold P31 1TB PCIe NVMe Gen3 M.2 2280 Internal SSD | Up to 3500MB/S | Compact M.2 SSD Form Factor SK hynix SSD | Internal Solid State Drive with 128-Layer NAND Flash

GPU - MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3050 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Video Card RTX 3050 Ventus 2X 8G OC

So if you have been building this for a few years, have you been using it that entire time, or now just trying to use it?

If you have been using it then how did you have video output prior to buying a new video card then returning it and buying another and still no video output?

I'm assuming you also have the 8 pin cpu power plugged in on the top of the mobo, right?
Were you using another card that worked, or were you using the onboard video?
Have you tried the card in all 3 of the different PCI-E slots? Typically the top one is default, but it could be a bad slot. I know the top 2 PCI-e are 3.0 slots controlled by your CPU while the bottom PCI-e slot is a 2.0 controlled by the mobo chipset.

Have you plugged in the additional 8 pin power plug from your power supply to your video card? Without the additional power plugged in to the card it will not work, the most it will do if anything is make the fans spin and light up any possible led lights it may have.
Have you entered bios to make sure that the PCI-e slots are not disabled?
Have you tried to clear cmos/reset bios to the factory settings?

Have you updated/flashed bios to a updated version? That board is a few years old and there maybe something goofy with the default outdated bios that is not allowing a PCI-e 4.0 card work. I'm aware that a 4.0 card should work, at 3.0 or even 2.0 speeds on an older board but sometimes bios just have strange glitches like that.

These are a few things I would check/try that I can think of off the top of my head.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, fennygolf2 said:

Hey guys and gals,

Ive been building a tower for a room for a few years now and just recently got a chance to buy a GPU had it installed and got no video output at all so i returned it and got a new one, still nothing so i got a different GPU and guess what still nothing so im at loss at this point everything lights up all the MOBO lights are good but I can not get any video from the GPU can anyone help me please.

If your motherboard box says ready for ryzen second generation processors then that's your problem, you need to update BIOS which you can't without an older processor to boot and perform the update, easy way is asking a shop to do the update for you.

Homie start with the basics before you go crazy unless you've tried the basics already. Did you make sure to tell your BIOS to use the graphics card? Instead of your CPU built in GFX? Should check, see if it's "Onboard" or "AUTO" or something like that, and yeah do all the updates that you can. This would definitely be the issue if your onboard graphics works while the GPU won't. You can't really use both at once. That stuff should work together I think, I don't see why it wouldn't.

Also check if your BIOS has anything like "above 4g decoding" and "resizeable BAR" and see if changing those settings will help you. I had to go through that process with a card that had, I think, 12GB of RAM. If none of these things work then I'd probably start making sure everything is plugged in and powered correctly or something. 

Have you or anyone else changed anything in the BIOS/UEFI?

worldsmostgoofycryptominer.PNG

Archived