Kinetic & Iraggi Problems

This is taken straight from ***.

Link - http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=17479

Well, i just spent the last few days researchin this myth of Iraggi alts and kinetik batts dont go together...

That sounds stupid, i know, but people have problems so i decided to try and find the answer.

What i have found is interesting if you didn't know so hopefully this will help those that already have their batts and those planning on purchasing as well.

A long time ago in China there was.....

Oh oops, wrong story.

Ok, here is the theoretical problem-

Kinetik batts are only capable of accepting voltages up to 14.3v MAX

Voltages above 14.3v can only be done in quick spurts.

Kinetik told me that anything over 3-4hrs of constant voltage higher than 14.3v will lead to permanent damage.

The battery will begin to swell then start damaging cells.

When this happens, the battery will no longer be able to hold a charge.

So that means if you got any Kinetik batts that can't hold a charge, this may be what happened to you.

I can see this being a REAL bad problem for those who have or are deciding to replace your starting battery with one of these.

Now, for those who have them in the rear, due to voltage drop, depending on how bad it is, the worse the better... to a degree of course.

If your alt charges these batts over 14.3v briefly, maybe just for 10-15min trips for example, in the long run, the battery will still fail.

did you call kinetik directly? i know someone who is running 8 kinetik 2400's and his resting voltage with the car turned uff is a steady 14.8-14.9. while his car is running its over 15 for sure, and he has no problems.

----reference's----

meade916

I'am happy I run Stinger batteries.

This came rite out of my manual for the SP1000 battery.

For this reason we recommend

that you keep the battery fully charged at all times with a properly designed charging system that charges in the range of 13.8-15, ideally 14.7-15 volts.

With my Missing Link module charging at 15.3 cold and a constant 14.9 when warm.

I would say I'm in great shape.

I love Stinger!

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

isn't missinglink running a crap load of kinetik batteries with no problem?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

did you call kinetik directly? i know someone who is running 8 kinetik 2400's and his resting voltage with the car turned uff is a steady 14.8-14.9. while his car is running its over 15 for sure, and he has no problems.

not unless theyre 16v batts
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

when you get BRAND NEW batteries you can teach them.

What you do to teach the batteries is you put them on a slow trickle charger for at least a few days if not a week straight. The slow trickle charge will allow the batteries to gain the ability to store more power up..

If he didnt do this to his batteries they are not kinetik 2400s and are 16 volt batteries..

not unless theyre 16v batts

you know everything he says is bullshit give him a break :rolleyes:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

you know everything he says is bullshit give him a break :rolleyes:

no you 3 are right. he is not on team kinetik, or the captain of the DB Drag team i am on, or the fact i was there every step of the way for his build, or the fact that i unloaded all the batteries from the delivery truck, or the fact he is my boss and i see the car everyday. like i said check the facts before you go being asshole's. better yet ask kbreudi, ssaudio if they are 2400's or not

----reference's----

meade916

Archived