Sundown Audio

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=17913

---

I have a replacement candidate for the SAE-1000D... same build house as the upcoming SAE-1200D model.

I would call this the SAE-800D model.

Here is the question... how many people buy the SAE-1000D for the small form factor?

The current SAE-800D prototype is the same size as the SAE-1200D (as big as the SAZ-1500D).

It would cost less than the current SAE-1000D but is substantially bigger - it's just not as compact of a PCB design. The benefit is that it has an even beefier design so all the components are even less taxed than the already super reliable SAE-1000D.

The new build house doesn't like the idea of making a small form factor amp - it is not something they are used to doing, so it would greatly speed up the release of the less expensive SAE-800D model if I made it large.

PS: Just clamped the prototype on music at 1 ohm nominal / 2 ohms actual... 800 watts continuous at 2 ohms actual after rise :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

The vast majority of people are more concerned with price than size. IMO if you make it cheaper they will buy it. It also sounds like it could be slightly more powerful and efficient than the 1000d as well. What's the fuse rating? I'm guessing 100-120a.

Edited by Derrick824

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

People normally think bigger is better. Personally when I saw those new Alpine PDX amps I was like those are too small.

Go bigger... people like it more.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

The vast majority of people are more concerned with price than size. IMO if you make it cheaper they will buy it. It also sounds like it could be slightly more powerful and efficient than the 1000d as well. What's the fuse rating? I'm guessing 100-120a.

Yep, 105 amps -- 35 x 3 fuses.

It is a hair bit more powerful than the existing 1000D model.

I may have to continue to offer the old 1000D for those that seriously need a smaller amp - I'll keep asking around with customers and dealers about it.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

I have thought about this for acouple days and I think I am the only one that would prefere a smaller amp.

You know I deal with a single cab pickup and I'm all about putting amps under seats in certain cars.

But like you already know you need to build the amp so it can handle alot of abuse and function well thermally and that equalls alot more money.

One reason I am going with Sundown for a large class D amp is becuase of size.

SAZ-3000D verse RF Power T30001 and the upcomming SAZ-2000D verse the RF T20001 huge difference in size and the Power output of the Sundown amps have been proven time and time again.

So my vote is for a more compact amp.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I just went over to *** forum and it looks like there are more supporters of the small size over there too.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I think you've gotten an idea about what your going to do. Im a DD fan, they have an SS series amplifier. I had 2 of those in my car. One in the glove box and the other under the seat. If you could make something to that sort, really small and around 800w rms then id definately be interested in purchasing a few. I think I speak for alot of people, not only myself, when I say we want a compact, tiny amp.

bassaddictio8.jpg

Indeed - I have noticed that the SAE-1000D has really taken off to another level in the past two months.

So much so that I can't see myself changing it until I can get the same power in the same size, or less.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

i prefer the smaller size, its great to get that punch out of that lil amp, everyoen i talk to likes the smallness of the 1000d and myself i'll be runnning 2 of thm rather then a 3000d due to size. kinda wish we offered a matching 4 channel thats tiny like that as well though