Component Choices-made, Now Need A Help On Amount

momo > pg > mb

I hear the Rsd are good but I have also heard the momos are great aswell personally I like the carbon fiber cone better then poly cone of the pgs.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Dont go mb quart unless you want really bright tweeders which are perfect for the best SQ aint that right nismofreak?

Opps I fogot he got banned..

LOl anyways

But yea, I have expierence with those polk momos, but 5 1/4", not the 6.5s. They took a bit of power, sounded crystal clear, and had really nice bass response.

Ive also used another set of 6.5s in my buddys boss's boat and they where just great they where momos too but some older ones i think.

05-09-07_1811.jpg

My next choice would be the alpines. great for the price and offer a silk dome tweeter.

Anything with an aluminum, metal, titainium dome tweeter is going to be harsh and loud to the ear (but to some people that sounds good and has more sq then the hoopty)...

I really use to love the old school mb quart before they became a maxxsonics product, and the quality just dropped imo.

Back to the beer i go :D

i picked up a pair of mb quart discus comps off ebay for 130 brand new and for the price their the cleanest sounding speakers ive heard. the ones i got were from before they were bought out by maxxsonics idk if id buy ones from maxxsonics...

Ditto, mb quarts before maxxsonics buyout a+++ and made nice quality drivers with crazy good crossover networks and pretty much the best you could buy in a way. after maxxsonics buyout, they seem to dropped the price a lot, and become not as high end and cheaped on parts.

The Phoenix Golds have silk dome tweets.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

top two choices are the momo's and the rsd...i have titanium tweets in the x now and they get VERY loud..but sound clear too, i like them alot....but i dont want that much x 6 (3 sets of comps in a single cab) i think a smooth silk would be better...:)

ill change 1st post, lets vote betweent rsd and momo both 6.5!

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

goin with the phoenix gold rsd's....i think the mid will match my interior better, but only goin with 2 6.5 comps and a set of 6x9's (i already have holes cut for them and would rather just have a direct put in, 1 to save time, and 2 cause it will save time..:P)

how do you guys think they will sound with all gettin 75 w rms EACH....so a total of 450 watts on mids and highs

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

how do you guys think they will sound with all gettin 75 w rms EACH....so a total of 450 watts on mids and highs

Hard to say, make sure you gains on your amp are done since they are only rated at 60rms

I know I put 250+ to each of my polk momo 5.25s and they took it for quite some time, I think the 5.25s have a smaller power rating then the 6.5s.

Hard to say, make sure you gains on your amp are done since they are only rated at 60rms

I know I put 250+ to each of my polk momo 5.25s and they took it for quite some time, I think the 5.25s have a smaller power rating then the 6.5s.

i know, but how will 2 sets of comp sets with a set of 6x9s?? and mids and highs wise will it sound "warm" so to speak and will it keep up with the 4 lvl 4 15's im going to be putting in

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg