Jump to content

Taramps EQ Bass: PCB & Components


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just received this today, $40 on amazon. Only played with it for an hour. So far its just a distraction. I was thinking it would help get the sound I want from my Smart 5. 🤦‍♂️

20230517_070150.jpg

20230517_070220.jpg

20230517_070243.jpg

20230517_070255.jpg

20230517_070304.jpg

20230517_070329.jpg

20230517_070349.jpg

20230517_070410.jpg

20230517_070420.jpg

20230517_070441.jpg

Posted

Nice bass knob upgrade,  the limiter is an interesting function, with such analog audio processors it was popular to upgrade op amps to high end ones, unhappily with the use of surface mount chips, its a little more impractical to swap them, still the TL074s  it has are decent ones.

 

Let us know how you liked it.

  • 5 months later...
Posted

I forgot to share what happened 3 days later.  Pop, crackle, smoke went my SMART 5 after 3 months. I can accept that . I never could get the bass to sound right anyway, the reason I bought the gay EQ bass. I wasnt even pushing it, I was leaving the car wash and embarrassed to. Thats probably irrelevant anyways. Certainly it was my abuse that lead up to this over time. So after squirting purple cleaner through the side vent , I was excited to get it home and pop the cover off to see if it could tell a story of its demise...

 

however, I dont have enough experience with board repair to to make sense of the missing legs, solder blobs or lifted pads. It looks like a sloppy mess wimpy  components. I determined it irreparable. But the authorized repair guy  Resilient sounds recommended said otherwise. So I  threw another $60 into it and shipped to him only to tell me 2 months later its irreparable....🤬 🍭

 

 

20230519_150324.jpg

20230519_150342.jpg

20230519_150429.jpg

20230519_150459.jpg

20230519_150631.jpg

20230519_150655.jpg

20230519_150725.jpg

20230519_150740.jpg

20230519_150752.jpg

20230519_162539.jpg

Posted

Why didnt you try enclosure changes instead of EQ's for the bass amp? The enclosure is by far the biggest component to dictating how the subwoofer will sound.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted
On 10/23/2023 at 1:17 AM, ChevyBoy95 said:

Why didnt you try enclosure changes instead of EQ's for the bass amp? The enclosure is by far the biggest component to dictating how the subwoofer will sound.

God damn,.. you still around bro? Good shit. Build in your bio pic looks amazing. Hope you and yours are well. 

Posted
14 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

God damn,.. you still around bro? Good shit. Build in your bio pic looks amazing. Hope you and yours are well. 

Yea, just got busy.

 

Two kids, got married, etc. Life happened. But ive still got the truck and the 4 15's with the 12k's. Just doesnt see much road time.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 10/25/2023 at 12:24 AM, ChevyBoy95 said:

Yea, just got busy.

 

Two kids, got married, etc. Life happened. But ive still got the truck and the 4 15's with the 12k's. Just doesnt see much road time.

Lulz... it happens mate, trust me lol. Good to see you around again. Your builds where always the shit. Hope you are doing well, struggles sure, but pounding through em. Stay gold mate. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 901 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...