Second Skin Audio

Please help undecided subwoofers for truck

Hey guys I am to the point before I begin my build to get the best performance but undecided on what route to go. I have a 2003 Chevy S10 extended cab truck and am going to run two SQ3500’s amps strapped. Behind my seats, I have measurements of 45 1/2” wide x 17 1/2” depth x 26 up to 28” height.  The issue I have is the size of box. I currently have two older FI SP4 15’s dual 2 ohm and wondering if I should use them or get two maybe even three 12’s instead? I think if I ran the 15’s they would be subs and port up because of the seats but if I do the 12’s I can face them forward. Honestly I want to play really low and loud, rap, hip hop, bass head here is my goal but don’t know what route to go? I would do a blow through but the truck has air bags. Any ideas,suggestions or examples would be greatly appreciated thanks 

Sounds like an old problem..LOL BUT yes, you could probably have 3 DC audio level 5e 12s on 15 K in that space and have an edge over what you have right now.

Actually you could maybe have 4  DCL5e  12s  on 20K, they only use 1.5 cubic feet net each.

In any case I don't know how healthy is for your 15s is staying boxed for years and years, might want to ask Fi about that.

Edited by Joe X