Very Low Numbers

Because that's all you need. But go ahead and waste your money and spend it on 1/0 wire. I bet you will because everyone is telling you to.

So tell me this, for 12 volts DC How much amperage can you flow through 4G wire and at what distance?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i'm quite sure them saying 4ga would have meant 4 ga minimum. but what we are saying is to just use 1/0 instead of 4ga if you possibly can so allow a better flow.

ok, I know for a fact the guy did not mean 4ga. min. He said going to 2 gauge or 1/0 would be a bad idea because a smaller cable creates more resistance. He said that an alt needs a certain amount of resistance, which of course was not specified, to charge properly, and that going to a thicker cable ex. 1/0 gauge would actually cause the alt to not charge the batteries properly.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

ok, I know for a fact the guy did not mean 4ga. min. He said going to 2 gauge or 1/0 would be a bad idea because a smaller cable creates more resistance. He said that an alt needs a certain amount of resistance, which of course was not specified, to charge properly, and that going to a thicker cable ex. 1/0 gauge would actually cause the alt to not charge the batteries properly.

then every1 else on here using 1/0 for big 3 and everything else just got "lucky" or they have magic alternators.............pfft, give me a break

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

There's NO PURPOSE in getting a bigger battery terminal. I think you missed my point.

there's always a purpose for bigger terminals potna.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

There's NO PURPOSE in getting a bigger battery terminal. I think you missed my point.

No, I think I got your point. Your saying anything over 4G is a waste of money or "Hype" right?

Why don't you explain the relationship of voltage, amperage, current, and resistance to all of us as it applies to DC

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

someone should send steve a pm and tell him he does not need all that 2/0 that could have saved him alot of cash.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

someone should send steve a pm and tell him he does not need all that 2/0 that could have saved him alot of cash.

now that's a good comment right there. all we are trying to do is help and the poor guy digs himself in deeper and deeper. go ahead and tell us all you are doing it on purpose ................... come on ......... say it.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

then every1 else on here using 1/0 for big 3 and everything else just got "lucky" or they have magic alternators.............pfft, give me a break

don't get me wrong logan. I am just trying to learn. I totally understand installing 1/0 gauge. I was going to do that in the first place. I just don't understand why this guy or H.O. said that. I am far from saying any of these guys messed up. If anything, I did!! I understand that. I am trying to learn why this guy and ho would say that 4 gauge is the largest to run. I see results every day on this forum and the movies meade has. I don't and will not knock anyone on here. I am open minded, thats why I asked. Please don't knock me man.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

don't get me wrong logan. I am just trying to learn. I totally understand installing 1/0 gauge. I was going to do that in the first place. I just don't understand why this guy or H.O. said that. I am far from saying any of these guys messed up. If anything, I did!! I understand that. I am trying to learn why this guy and ho would say that 4 gauge is the largest to run. I see results every day on this forum and the movies meade has. I don't and will not knock anyone on here. I am open minded, thats why I asked. Please don't knock me man.

no

no

no

no

no

i ment ur alt guy....not you

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

personnally i'm not knocking you potna. i'm sure everyone who has minimum knowledge with car audio will agree with what i'm about to type ................... use 4ga minimum but 1/0 would work better on your HO install. i don't know why the other guy and HO would say to use nothing more than 4ga and i'm sure they might have made a mistake in saying so ................ just go 1/0 if you can potna.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

Archived