LLP Posted June 27, 2024 Report Posted June 27, 2024 I have a salt 8. Gains & Crossover tuned w/ DD-1 and CC-1. Once I install the OM-1, the amp starts clipping. I can then turn the gain down until it stops but the gain is almost all the way down. I have tried this several times and the amp keeps clipping early. Could I possibly have a faulty OM-1 or ??? Need to help from the Pros on this one.
crispy_chick3n Posted June 27, 2024 Report Posted June 27, 2024 did you set the om-1? they dont come pre tuned out of the box. there should be a potentiometer on the back to adjust when it shows clipping This page is crispy_chick3n approved. © crispy_chick3n inc
Joe X Posted June 27, 2024 Report Posted June 27, 2024 8 hours ago, LLP said: I have a salt 8. Gains & Crossover tuned w/ DD-1 and CC-1. Once I install the OM-1, the amp starts clipping. I can then turn the gain down until it stops but the gain is almost all the way down. I have tried this several times and the amp keeps clipping early. Could I possibly have a faulty OM-1 or ??? Need to help from the Pros on this one. You treated OM-1 manual like it wasn't there, you will need to have a mini screwdriver available for the next step.
LLP Posted June 28, 2024 Author Report Posted June 28, 2024 Thanks for the replies. I have adjusted the OM-1 meter. My highs & mids work great. When I go to set the sub amp, as soon as the OM-1 wire is connected to speaker output, the clip light on the amp lights up until the amp gain is turned almost all the way down. It does it on the positive or negative speaker connection. I have successfully set the highs & mids, which makes me believe the OM-1 on the sub amp might be faulty. I have never used these meters before and was curious if anybody else has had the same issue.
Joe X Posted June 29, 2024 Report Posted June 29, 2024 You could try to use the OM-1 on the mids with the sub amp or try the OM-1 on the sub with the mids amp and see if there are any differences,
Kyblack76 Posted July 2, 2024 Report Posted July 2, 2024 The om-1 takes input,.. doesnt do anything output wise. AKA- it can not affect the board, or anything for that matter, it just receives. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.