Pics Of Your Aux Battery Set Up

Granted it was built for the look for the demo. I have had it in the rain 2 times , they are close together and sealed so as long as something doesn't arc them out they should be fine. We don't really have much for elements in Vegas so weather is not really an issue for them. Most batteries should be fine anyway, after all look at how many guy's bail their wheel wells to bag their ride. This leaves the battery open similar to our applications with no issues. Also tends to keep them cooler because of the open air flow around the batts.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

im sure he doesn't leave it outside

and im sure he doesnt drive it in the rain

I figured that they wouldn't drive or leave their vehicles in the rain that much. I was just wondering if they had to drive in the rain, how would they prevent any electrical mishaps from occuring. :blink:

Granted it was built for the look for the demo. I have had it in the rain 2 times , they are close together and sealed so as long as something doesn't arc them out they should be fine. We don't really have much for elements in Vegas so weather is not really an issue for them. Most batteries should be fine anyway, after all look at how many guy's bail their wheel wells to bag their ride. This leaves the battery open similar to our applications with no issues. Also tends to keep them cooler because of the open air flow around the batts.

MLA

thanks for the reply Chris.

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just curious as to how you guys keep water/moisture from creating shorts or any problems with the batteries, being exposed to the elements like that?

You can kind of see the rust on the rack, LOL. My truck is daily driven, rain snow whatever. They've been in there for two years, no problems. The XSpower batteries are completely sealed, so they arn't bothered by moisture. It is actually easier on batteries than being under the hood because there is less heat.

Oh, and MLA - I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I was just curious what booth it was in. I wasn't trying to get you to agree mith my opinion, I was merely making a point that a lot of vehicles at SEMA don't tickle everyone's fancy. I'm don't doubt that your H2 has a very large following.

BTW, I didn't know you were from vegas, I am too. :)

The batteries are sealed, they may as well be enormous plastic bricks.

And there probably wouldn't be enough water getting up under there to create a short in a 12v system, unless they parked it in a river or something :lol:

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

You can kind of see the rust on the rack, LOL. My truck is daily driven, rain snow whatever. They've been in there for two years, no problems. The XSpower batteries are completely sealed, so they arn't bothered by moisture. It is actually easier on batteries than being under the hood because there is less heat.

Oh, and MLA - I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I was just curious what booth it was in. I wasn't trying to get you to agree mith my opinion, I was merely making a point that a lot of vehicles at SEMA don't tickle everyone's fancy. I'm don't doubt that your H2 has a very large following.

BTW, I didn't know you were from vegas, I am too. :)

I was out of town when your were talking to my partner.

I got a good laugh out of you calling my H2 hideous though. If thats your opinion its just that your opinion no biggie mane. As many times as I hear at shows my friends is louder or our shop built one that hits harder I just don't let it get to me. There is always someone bigger and with deaper pockets. So i just take pride in my work and enjoy it. No worries

As far as mounting batts just keep them away from heat and road (bagged rides :D ) they should be fine. Wouldn't worry about mother nature too much BUT shit happens...

Sorry for the off subject post I'm going to bed : MLA out

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

I was out of town when your were talking to my partner.

I got a good laugh out of you calling my H2 hideous though. If thats your opinion its just that your opinion no biggie mane. As many times as I hear at shows my friends is louder or our shop built one that hits harder I just don't let it get to me. There is always someone bigger and with deaper pockets. So i just take pride in my work and enjoy it. No worries

As far as mounting batts just keep them away from heat and road (bagged rides :D ) they should be fine. Wouldn't worry about mother nature too much BUT shit happens...

Sorry for the off subject post I'm going to bed : MLA out

Word. Again, I didn't mean to insult anyone. 75% of the Rednecks here think my truck looks rediculous. 2 each his own.

MechMan

MECHMAN / missinglink:

Either of you have battery set ups that would be suitable for my project. However, I need much higher resolution pictures if I am to use them. Specifically, I need a few good shots of the racks, batteries, and wiring. These pictures MUST be a minimum of 600 dpi if I'm to use them. In addition, I need them this week.

Can either of you help? I promise, it will be worth your while. EMail me at [email protected] to let me know if either of you guys can help.

Thanks!

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Archived