Sonic Electronix

Hey Ya'll, Need Yor Input For Sub Brand Of Choice.....

I live out here in west freaking GA, and have been talking to several local stereo shops to build me a ported enclosure for my 2 18's "BL" FI audio subs (if I get them) however, here is where my issue comes in. First off im old school when it comes to this stuff. Back when I was really into Car Audio I was in high school, and the US Amps where king, so I of course had a VLX400 and a USA-800 (both the 44" length models) powering 2 stroker 18's and it fu*cking knocked real hard. Talking to all these local stereo shops, they ALL RECOMMENDED me to the same guy to build the box, however, in talking with him I was told to get the RD Alpha2 18's as there a better speaker, however I have heard a FI BL 18, and that was a great time. Basically my question is this: For the price FI is cheaper, but has anyone heard of RD audio and is it a good quality speaker? This is my first post here so please take it easy on me :blink: . Thanks ya'll

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

if you go with rd's dont be surprised if he just happens to have some to sell you..lol just go with your original plans with the fi bl and just tell him you need a box thats it..

Ya what he said!

You could also look into DC sound lab there great subs with great pricing

I run the 18 older btl's myself

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

if you go with rd's dont be surprised if he just happens to have some to sell you..lol just go with your original plans with the fi bl and just tell him you need a box thats it..

Great, thanks guys, FI it is. Can someone help me out with the "options" on the FI site. This will be in my 02 tahoe, looking for spl, but daily driver. I'm typically not hard on my subs, but need them to last a while. I will be using a mmatts D3500.05, so i'm going to get the dual2ohm v.c's option, but need help with the rest if possible

Configure Speaker: Ohm: dual 1 dual 2

P Chamfer: no yes +$10

Cooling: no yes +$40

Flatwind: no yes +$20

Daily or SPL: Daily SPL

Extreme Lead: no yes +$5

Universal: no yes

Also, how much of a bass hit difference will these be (assuming BOX turns out right) compaired to my current 3 12" MMATT's P2.5's? I will also be doing the "big3" upgrades as I have a 200amp alt on the way. Thank you for your time...

FI>RD

How would you know? ;)

The RD Alpha's are a nice sub. I would call them closer in design to the old btl's.

I think if you could get a smoking deal over the BTL the go for it. But if there about the same in price then go with FI

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i dont have too much experience with mmats but doesnt that amp do 2700 Watt RMS @ 1/2?

you might want to get some other model like the D2100.2 it does around 1600 watts at 2ohms

The 2 18's each with 2x2ohm coils will give me a .5 ohm load after I wire it properly, that is why I would go with the D3500.05. 2700rms power (/)2 gives me 1350 per speaker, however mmats power I believe is rated @ 12.6v, so @ 14.4 (with my new 250amp alt) should make 90amps @ idle, and give me at least 14.5+ steady with load, so power should be at least 1500+ watts per sub. Can someone help me with the options on FI's site, want to get this ordered the right way the first time, and ya'll know ALOT more then me. Thank you