Sonic Electronix

Releasing Pressure From Trunk

I have a 95 deville and my system bangs. My only problem is that all sound is trapped in my trunk! I know for a fact if I do this that I my db's will increase by a lot just by the way the back looks and sounds when its cranked. My system consists of two Jbl GTI 15's dual 6 ohm woofers (800 watts rms/5000 peak) running at 1.5 ohms running off a Hifonics Brutus 2006D which it says is rated at 2 ohms 1300 watts and at 1 ohm 2000 watts. No battery or alternator upgrades as of yet it is in the process tough a dry cell with a 220 or 240 amp alt. (havent decided). Does anybody have any suggestions on how and what i need to do to release this pressure into the car?<_<

2nst7r8.png

05 Suburban

Pioneer 4200ub

4-American Bass 6.5 , 2-8" DB Drive mids and 4- Quantum Audio Supertweeters in front doors

2-DD3515 dual 2 ohm subs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4 on 8" mids

Hifonics 80.4 on 6.5 and tweets

2-Hifonics BRZ2400's strapped @2 ohms

Project Caddy in the works

95 Cadillac Deville

cut the rear deck out or port it thru the rear deck... what Im gonna have to do in my benz....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Drive around with your trunk open ;)

Seriously though, get some holes in that rear deck.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i took the back part of my seats off so the seats are still there but the back rest arent.... then i flipped the sub box around facing me so my license plate doesnt rattle as much

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

Cutting out your rear deck will be the best way, even if you remove the stock rear speakers, and relocate them someplace else, the little openings in the rear deck will help termendously.

I wouldnt worry about getting a new alternator right away. You have a cadillac so you should be running a large case gm cs-144 (I think) alt which is 140 amps from factory. A nice gel cel in the trunk, such as a powermaster, or kinetik will benifet you more right now then the alt.

Archived