Sundown Audio

2k6d Vs. Saz3000d

Team Bassick - Kimo

Why anyone would think any company would warranty an amp after it has been abused by running it at super low OHM loads is beyond me.

If they dont make tons more power than the other amps the next response is usually, "let's test them @ .5, or .35ohm loads and see who makes more power." I was just wanted to know because it seems like some of the sundown guys on here are always using that as an excuse, and I was wondering if doing so would void their warranty. I heard that once upon a time they would cover you down to .5 with a good enough electrical system, but that is all just speculation. I don't want to come off as a Sundown hater, because I like their amps, I just am not one of those guys who think they are the best amps ever. However, I do think they have some of the best customer service I have ever heard of.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

If they dont make tons more power than the other amps the next response is usually, "let's test them @ .5, or .35ohm loads and see who makes more power." I was just wanted to know because it seems like some of the sundown guys on here are always using that as an excuse, and I was wondering if doing so would void their warranty. I heard that once upon a time they would cover you down to .5 with a good enough electrical system, but that is all just speculation. I don't want to come off as a Sundown hater, because I like their amps, I just am not one of those guys who think they are the best amps ever. However, I do think they have some of the best customer service I have ever heard of.

The use to have a .5ohm warranty you can read about it over on *** and they did away with it b/c ppl with insufficient electrical ran it too low and burnt them up.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

The use to have a .5ohm warranty you can read about it over on *** and they did away with it b/c ppl with insufficient electrical ran it too low and burnt them up.

More than that was the constant flood of e-mails from people who obviously were not qualified to do so... "Can I run two 1500s at 1/2 ohm each on my 60-amp alternator and factory 1994 Honda Civic battery?" Even with the sticky posts and information to the contrary I still got flooded with those types of questions. Very few people burnt them up but support and answering questions was a huge hassle. And when you warranty 1/2 ohm... you know everyone wants to run 1/4 ohm daily then.

That being said... its very rare that I will turn down a customer for warranty unless its obvious that they did something incredibly stupid. I do this because I enjoy what I do and not just to make money (obviously I have to make enough money to stay in business and pay the bills), so I like to help out sometimes even if the customer may not have done everything they should have.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Definately possible....

right now we're trying to establish what exactly are the test criterias.

any specifics you were looking for?

i would like to see it on 1 and 2 ohm loads nothing ridiculous with at least a 12v supply 13-15 would be nice as well on some street beats with continuous draw not any burps. i just want to see if these amps are capable of doing specified wattage or anywhere close to that matter. because even if they can only do 6000 watts on 12v ima buy over 2 rockford t30001bds because 1 rockford is the same price as a 7kd with warranty of course. As for the sundown i would like to see if under the same tests as stated above. going below 1 ohm is just crazy and im not planning on going that low just to push out a extra 200 watts and fry my electrical. i wish someone would really go through with testing these amps on video or something so its unbiased not just heresay so we can show people you dont have to pay thousands for mainstream amps when these will do just the same.

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

the biggest thing i wanna see id how much power the 2k6d makes and how much current it uses at like 13.5 volts.

considering i want to buy one of these i wanna see how much power it makes under everday conditions. so thats one test i really wanna see

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i was just wondering what site sells these stetsons anyways? i was at there website but i didnt see any prices or anything?

as far as i know u have to buy directly from a dealer. im not sure u can purchase them online

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build