Depends on the car. Some benefit more than others. I have a non-turbo PT Cruiser, and chips range from +8hp to +17hp on a dyno. Mileage doesn't really change. And the better ones also work to change the automatic transmission computer program.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

The key is this....adding a chip, doesn't change the efficiency level of how the vehicle burns fuel. The only way to change fuel mileage is by changing driving habits, gaining fuel burning efficiency, or cutting back fuel.

If your injectors are rated to flow a certain rate of fuel, as long as the pump keeps the lines full of fuel, those injectors will continue to flow at their rating amount, meaning you will burn the same amount of fuel. To gain HP, you need both air and fuel. For a fuel injected vehicle to maintain it's Air/Fuel ratio, as extra air is added, the pump will equal that air ratio by adding fuel. In NO WAY is this cutting back fuel, or gaining effficiency. It's actually forcing the vehicle to burn additonal fuel.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

sct ftmfw imo, my dad has one on his truck, he gained 120 horses and 2.4 miles to the gallon and didnt even really change his driving at all, so that whole chip and no gain thing really dosnt work for me, sct is all we have ever used and has ALWAYS worked for us, my brother has one of the fastest 6.4l's in california too and even gained mpg from a sct tuner...i would look into sct for sure if your going to get one

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Um just go away NOOB you have no Idea what your talking about.

he asked for chips that do good and i posted some that i have had quite a bit of experience with, how am i a noob if i have had plenty of experience with the item?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

he asked for chips that do good and i posted some that i have had quite a bit of experience with, how am i a noob if i have had plenty of experience with the item?

dont worry man, he eiter needs pepto bismol or some pu$$y and he'll stop barking like a dog in heat..lol

Archived