Second Skin Audio

Potential Lvl 4 18" Box For Trunk.

my initial #s say i can get at least 6cuft with some tricky building and an interesting build log.

-Drew

any better??

My3rdc.png

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

4 cubes is tiny for an 18

I got 18 btls in a 4.5 cube now after displacement each sub noobtastic heard it slammed hard could bass race a 152 with it would of been better with alil bigger box but that was all the room I had

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I got 18 btls in a 4.5 cube now after displacement each sub noobtastic heard it slammed hard could bass race a 152 with it would of been better with alil bigger box but that was all the room I had

you didnt hit 152 off 1000rms and a lvl4 18 in a 4 cube box though.

maybe if we were talking about a BTL and putting alot of RMS to it i could see your point but we arent so i dont see your point.

after rereading the OP, i still think its to small for 1200-1500 rms, youd be better off with a lvl 4 15 with the space you want to use. just put it in about 3.25 net and she will be snappy rather then strangling an 18

u could get more space outta that box if u'd angle the sub baffle so it takes up all that empty space. plus itll fit that 18 better it prolly has more square area.

i use the same designs to fit my 15's in a trunk thats only 13" tall.

i say do it and if u have to port the thing through the rear deck.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

tuning is gonna be funky

why dont you angle the face of the box?

u will get more airpsace and you will have a more accurate tune

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

because its going to be pulled tight against the sheet metal behind by back seat with some threaded rod and i want the area to the sides of the cone to seal from the trunk. the reason the sub is not angled is that i want a gap between the woofer and modified back seat for excursion.

still redesigning and tweaking now...

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

i took my rough measurements and went out with a tape measure and its going to be rough. i think i can fit an 18 with some intense fab work, if thats what it takes i'm willing. box idea scrapped- new ones are being drawn up in my head now.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said: