Sundown Audio

new amp

BassHead7

i just got a lanzar 4000 watt amp. keeps blowin fuses wen i put more then one sub to it tho??? all i got runnin to it now is my old L5 the silver ones. and it still gets hot fairly fast but isnt blowing fuses like it was. n e 1 know wut would b wrong with it?.

Gota have my rear view shakin and my seats vibratin'.

(2) 12" Diamond D3

(1) DEI Directed Audio 2400D

(1) Kicker L5 15"

(1) Rockford Fosgate P5002

(2) 12" Fosgate P2's

(2) 15" Fosgate P2

^^Not all hooked up at once, i rotate. Its all i got.^^

i believe 2 ohms. i dont wut size fuses it takes but me and my friend that previously owned it are using 30amps. gain wasnt all the way up, but now its almost all the way up.

(2) 12" Diamond D3

(1) Kicker L5 15"

(2) 12" Fosgate P2's

(2) 15" Fosgate P2

lets say its putting out 1000 watts RMS that 30 amp fuse is worthless  you need a ANL fuse most likely

also whats the RMS wattage its putting out, because im gonna assume this isnt a opti 4000d

Im assuming the lanzar vibe 286 if you look at this post. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/forums/in...hp?topic=2324.0

i bought my vibe amp for a hundred bucks. id say i got an allrite deal. i can sell it for more if i have problums with it.

If you read my specs that I placed on the other topic on which I quoted you on above you will find your answer.

SPECS

# 2 x 1000W RMS at 4 OHMS

# 2 x 2000W MAX at 4 OHMS

# 1 x 4000W MAX at 4 OHMS Bridged

# 2 x 1650W at 2 OHMS RMS

# 2 Ohms Stereo Stable

# THD: <0.04%

These specs are right from lanzars site.

The amp can not handle anything under a 4 ohm load mono. It will probolly run 2 ohm mono, but you are cutting the life span of the amp shorter. If you are running it 2 ohm mono that is the reason it is getting hot.

There is nothing wrong with the amp, you are pushing the amp hard.

You can put bigger fuses in the amp, and it wont blow them, but it is NOT a good idea to use bigger fuses then what the manufacture tells you too, you will end up frying the amp very fast!

What subs where you using before you put the kickers on it?

Are the subs dual voice coils?

What ohm are the coils?

How do you have the coils wired? series or paraelle

PS: you will be lucky to even ever see the 4000 watts max out of that amp.

EDIT: The fuses this amp takes are two 35 amp fuses according to lanzars pdf file on their site. http://lanzar.com/manuals/VIBE226-236-246-...416-426-436.pdf

Here is another link to the site (non pdf). http://lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=VIBE286

i just got a lanzar 4000 watt amp. keeps blowin fuses wen i put more then one sub to it tho??? all i got runnin to it now is my old L5 the silver ones. and it still gets hot fairly fast but isnt blowing fuses like it was. n e 1 know wut would b wrong with it?.

I'm assuming your running the Opti amp that claims to do 4000rms @1ohm..You said your running two L5s that are DVC 2, maybe your running them @.5ohm???

no he does not have the opti, the other post he posted on about the lanzar vibe 286, and he said he has that ampo (the 286). read the other post.  :^

i bought my vibe amp for a hundred bucks. id say i got an allrite deal. i can sell it for more if i have problums with it.

his problom is the cheap amp :D

ya it is a cheap amp. no better then my rockford lol. but yah ill try 35 amp fuses. and im just runnin ONE L5 15" kicker. its not blowing fuses no more thatttttt much. infact i havnt blown any since i reloaded it with new fuses. but im sure ill blow one sooner or later. thanks for the help tho everyone.

(2) 12" Diamond D3

(1) Kicker L5 15"

(2) 12" Fosgate P2's

(2) 15" Fosgate P2

Archived