decided to re prime today but found so cheep paint in the color i wanted 60 bucks flat with reducer think it was mixed for somebody but they didnt pick it up

truck really wasnt for paint but o well 60 bucks

100_1623.jpg

100_1624.jpg

this is my first full paint job so upclose it aint pretty

badass color really! Painting gets some taking time to do big jobs man, keep it up though and youll be better than maaco in no time!! :D

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

aww i liked it black.. i think you should do your 2nd paintjob ever and tape off the top or bottom and rock a dual tone on that bia - orange and black works well together

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

also spent less prep time than maaco woke up at 8 had it painted at 10

will be metat flake silver and orange with patterns in it (old school ftw)

also spent less prep time than maaco woke up at 8 had it painted at 10

will be metat flake silver and orange with patterns in it (old school ftw)

the only problem with that is , you have only created more your for yourself when you do decide to paint it properly. But yeah , from the pics it looks sharp. :) enough can never be said about body work prep before paint. It sucks, its work, it slow going, and its a dirty ass job. The more work you put into prep though, the better the end result will be, even if it is painted outside of a booth. When you go at it again ( assuming you wanna do it right ) you will pretty much have to sand all of that down , getting all the trash out of it from the ambient air, and whatever body work that was left unfinished will also have to be done. And assuming you didn't wipe it down good with a grease and wax remover, and a tack cloth, you most likely got orange peel and will most likely have adhesion problems after it cures good.

I am not trying to knock your work by any means man. I applaud the effort, and no body learns better than by trial and error. so please take what I say as constructive and not derogatory in meaning. I just don't want you think you can't do it after you start encountering problems ( if you do, maybe not ) with this paint job. I think you got a awesome truck, I love the shaved out extended cab , so your foundation is really good. Another thing to, drop a little coin on some sheet plastic and seal up that carport from the outside when you paint and get a couple of cheap box fans to pull the air and overspray out of your homemade "booth" and you will see much better results.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

the only problem with that is , you have only created more your for yourself when you do decide to paint it properly. But yeah , from the pics it looks sharp. :) enough can never be said about body work prep before paint. It sucks, its work, it slow going, and its a dirty ass job. The more work you put into prep though, the better the end result will be, even if it is painted outside of a booth. When you go at it again ( assuming you wanna do it right ) you will pretty much have to sand all of that down , getting all the trash out of it from the ambient air, and whatever body work that was left unfinished will also have to be done. And assuming you didn't wipe it down good with a grease and wax remover, and a tack cloth, you most likely got orange peel and will most likely have adhesion problems after it cures good.

I am not trying to knock your work by any means man. I applaud the effort, and no body learns better than by trial and error. so please take what I say as constructive and not derogatory in meaning. I just don't want you think you can't do it after you start encountering problems ( if you do, maybe not ) with this paint job. I think you got a awesome truck, I love the shaved out extended cab , so your foundation is really good. Another thing to, drop a little coin on some sheet plastic and seal up that carport from the outside when you paint and get a couple of cheap box fans to pull the air and overspray out of your homemade "booth" and you will see much better results.

i will be haveing a real painter paint it when it is done

still have to shave the marker lights, taillights , mabey suicide the doors and have a couple thingss in mind so it will be all screwed up before it is done