Skyline or Corvette?

That Lingenfelter will killllll the Skyline, but factory fresh, Id go with a skyline, only cuz well, I hate saying this, but its more reliable.... And I hate imports... better gas too I bet

But again, that Lingen..... Allll balllss, but if I remember, what $150k upgrade?

damn

1000hp at the rear wheels lol thats some serious shit but the skylines stock cost like 230k i think i read that somewhere or maybe im hallucinating

1000hp at wheels LOL

I would take a high hp all wheel drive car over a high hp 2 wheel drive car any day of the week,

same hp the skyline whould kill the vette.

well all wheel drive would be good on the track and racing but cmon how many of us actually do that rear wheel drive=more fun burnout from 0-80 imagine people staring in awe when you smoke up the whole high way ramp

if they were both 1000hp, a big clunky big block 427, with 800-1000hp matched up with same hp on a half the weight v6/I6 twin turbo, and Iam sure the Skyline is a few hundred lbs lighter, but still, that Linger has a 0-60 of 1.6/1.8sec, and a top speed over 200mph.... I think the Skyline has a weight advantage, and the awd advantage, but the Lingen is just faster on the line.... Ofcourse american cars are great on oval tracks, but the Skyline would kill the vette on street race, or where the race has lots of sharp turns... But I think the topic was based more on realistic raceing, stock to stock, or moderate upgrades... And I thought a true Skyline was illegal in US?  It is in Cali last I heard

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

if they were both 1000hp, a big clunky big block 427, with 800-1000hp matched up with same hp on a half the weight v6/I6 twin turbo, and Iam sure the Skyline is a few hundred lbs lighter, but still, that Linger has a 0-60 of 1.6/1.8sec, and a top speed over 200mph.... I think the Skyline has a weight advantage, and the awd advantage, but the Lingen is just faster on the line.... Ofcourse american cars are great on oval tracks, but the Skyline would kill the vette on street race, or where the race has lots of sharp turns... But I think the topic was based more on realistic raceing, stock to stock, or moderate upgrades... And I thought a true Skyline was illegal in US?   It is in Cali last I heard

its not illegal here there are 3 legalized skylines here in california that were legalized before motorex was out of business

if they were both 1000hp, a big clunky big block 427, with 800-1000hp matched up with same hp on a half the weight v6/I6 twin turbo, and Iam sure the Skyline is a few hundred lbs lighter, but still, that Linger has a 0-60 of 1.6/1.8sec, and a top speed over 200mph.... I think the Skyline has a weight advantage, and the awd advantage, but the Lingen is just faster on the line.... Ofcourse american cars are great on oval tracks, but the Skyline would kill the vette on street race, or where the race has lots of sharp turns... But I think the topic was based more on realistic raceing, stock to stock, or moderate upgrades... And I thought a true Skyline was illegal in US?   It is in Cali last I heard

The Lingenfelter Vette or any new vette for that matter does NOT have a big block anything unless you put one in there yourself. The 427 in the Lingenfelter is a bored and stroked small block LS series motor. The only big block that GM currently makes is the 8.1 motor for the heavy duty trucks...and that's a 496.

I'd still take a Vette over any import. Even if the import was somehow faster.