What Do You Use To Trace Out An Irregular Shape?

i better way to do it i found is to get cardboard and get it as close as you can. Then "scrap" it in place till you have your shape. Tape peices all over it until it goes all the way around and then pull it off. Then trace clean onto whatever you were making it for and it should be perfect. Works WAY better then that damn green flex stick.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

i better way to do it i found is to get cardboard and get it as close as you can. Then "scrap" it in place till you have your shape. Tape peices all over it until it goes all the way around and then pull it off. Then trace clean onto whatever you were making it for and it should be perfect. Works WAY better then that damn green flex stick.

Kent:

I use a mixture of the two techniques. A piece of copper building wire bent around the compound curves. Then transfer this raw shape to a piece of sign plastic with a sharpie. Cut, sand, file - whatever on the plastic until it fits 100% Once the template fits the way you want the finished part to fit, you can make the final part from the template.

"Where the hell do I get sign plastic?" Easy, at least here in Las Vegas. Every night some dirtbag will hang 50 or 60 square feet of the stuff on a chainlink fence someplace. They nail smaller pieces onto telephone poles, or on sticks in planters. All of those signs are illegal, so grab one anytime you need it. It works great, and is more durable than cardboard. Plus, you are cleaning up the city... Just take your wire cutters for the zip ties, and go by Spring Mountain & Lindell.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Kent:

I use a mixture of the two techniques. A piece of copper building wire bent around the compound curves. Then transfer this raw shape to a piece of sign plastic with a sharpie. Cut, sand, file - whatever on the plastic until it fits 100% Once the template fits the way you want the finished part to fit, you can make the final part from the template.

"Where the hell do I get sign plastic?" Easy, at least here in Las Vegas. Every night some dirtbag will hang 50 or 60 square feet of the stuff on a chainlink fence someplace. They nail smaller pieces onto telephone poles, or on sticks in planters. All of those signs are illegal, so grab one anytime you need it. It works great, and is more durable than cardboard. Plus, you are cleaning up the city... Just take your wire cutters for the zip ties, and go by Spring Mountain & Lindell.

'Link

LOL that is straight ghetto right there LOL OMG I'm in tears!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But hey if it works it works.... :blush:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I've been through a ton of craftsmans.....don't know why I keep buying them.

Bosch or Ridgid will probaly be next.

Kent:

'Link

lol, ill take note to that.

Sharpie, cardboard, scissors, and a olfa knife... those bendable sticks ahve never worked well for me.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000